Junie's Place: Sepia Scenes-Dec 2, 2009- St. Nick

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Sepia Scenes-Dec 2, 2009- St. Nick







This is one of my Paper Mache Santas that I was creating a few years ago! The date on this one is 1993-and #7...which means this was the 7th. one of this kind of craft santas that I had made.

I think he's quite elegant -if a bit subdued- in his fine creamy white and gold robe!

I got my inspiration for this one from a picture of an antique Russian St. Nick ornament which I found in magazine.

I only made a few of this kind. My Santas, though, were not ornament size but stood 12-14 inches tall. They were all original paper mache-no molds or patterns - so each one was unique.

:) There's not much difference in the natural color and the sepia!

( go here to find other Sepia Scenes!)


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 9:08 AM , Blogger Donna said...

He's lovely Miz Junie! Well done!hughugs

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Wow, Junie, what a beautiful Santa craft! and it looks great in sepia, I think! Happy Sepia Scenes! :)

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger anemonen said...

Lovely paier mache.

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Marie said...

A lovely handycraft.

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Sepia Christmas scenes have such a nice feel to them. I hope we see a lot of them this Holy Season.

Merry Christmas,
Annie

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger Jane said...

Great image Junie, both of them-thanks for sharing:)

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Marice said...

wow! thats unique! thanks much for sharing :)

http://mizhelle.blogspot.com/2009/12/wordless-wednesday-20-and-sepia-scene.html

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

The paper mache Santa must have been lots of work. But the original was worth the effort as it is beautiful The sepia adds a rich light bronze tone to him. A lovely post and gift giver!

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger Sally said...

So beautiful, Junie. (((hugs)))

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger kayerj said...

I can't believe you made that--what talent! He looks great in Sepia. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Larry D said...

Super Santa! it works really well in Sepia!

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh wow, Junie, I'm very impressed with that papier mache Santa, it's gorgeous!! You had really done a fabulous job making it. xoxo

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Pea> Had you not seen any of my santas before?...I was proud of how they turned out...and really wish I could get back into doing some more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home