Junie's Place: Shopping with the girls!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Shopping with the girls!

~~~

Today Tina, Alli and I went shopping. This is only the 2nd. real outing/shopping I've done and I was grateful Tina could take me so that I could accomplish part of what I need to do. I now have at least gotten around with a couple gifts for all my folks! I will need to go out a couple more times...but if not...at least no one will be left out!

This season has been a hectic one for me with many things working against me! (of which I won't go into, in detail) Suffice to say ...there have been problems!

As for my decorating of the house- it too has been sparse this time...but I've done enough to make things merry, at least! I won't be able to do much more .... just not up to it!

Here am I with 2 of my favorite girls, as we were leaving for the shopping trip this morning!

Oh! We also would have a very nice lunch at Cracker Barrel - and to my delight - my meal was perfect in every way!

















Alli is home for her Christmas break. You may have picked up on the fact already that Alli LOVES my cats. Today's cat petting was directed toward 'Tiger' and 'Lucy!'
(General wasn't around for the pictures!)














I noticed yesterday that my one and only WHITE Camellia bush is blooming! I've only had this bush a couple years so it doesn't have a lot of blooms yet.

Charles cut these white blooms along with some red ones for me this morning for this pretty display! We have 4 , well established, red bushes that are loaded with blooms!

I love the way the 2 colors look together- very pretty for this season!






Early tomorrow Charles has another appointment with the skin cancer doctor. They have to do more cutting out of the latest spot that was treated. Charles tells me not to worry-that it is treatable- but I DO worry! As with all things we have to just take it a step at a time as it comes to us-and keep positive and upbeat! I try to do that!

Anyway-am turning in early for some sleep...am tired from my day of shopping and we'll be getting up early for the appointment.

Have a good night, my blog pals!


Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:00 AM , Blogger Sally said...

I hope all goes well for Charles this morning (and you too!) What a wonderful gift; shopping with your girls!

The camellia's are beautiful! I only have one bush; it's loaded with buds but no blooms yet. I'm waiting patiently. hahahaha

I'll share this with you. When I got the bush, I told my sis-in-law "I have a gardenia and at Christmas it will have red blooms" She looked at me like I was crazy and said "Are you sure? I've never heard of a gardenia with red blooms?" I was stubborn about it until she saw it and said "Sally, that's a CAMELLIA!" HAHAHA

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The color of your flowers are lovely and make an eye pleasing arrangement. Wishing Charles the best outcome on his appointment.

I'm sure you feel a little better with at least part of your shopping done. Take care of you for us!

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm of the opinion that we don't have to do it all for Christmas -- just enough to make it different and special.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home