Junie's Place: Super Bowl Sunday

Monday, February 08, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Last night was a good one...good food-good company good game-good win!

We met at ( Chris and Joy-Joy) my son and DIL's house for the game and dinner and snacks. We were Chris and Joy-Joy-Mike and Joy-(my sis and BIL) Alan and Lauren (my nephew and his wife- and Charles and me!

The ladies were , mostly, in the kitchen chatting during the first half- up until the halftime show!

Wow-it was a thrill for me to see The Who perform the halftime show -and -IMO-they were super good! I hope to find some youtubes of the show, but haven't looked yet!

OK-The game itself was exciting...and very tense in the second half- which we all watched and cheered as the Saints pulled off that big win!! Everyone was happy in our little circle, with the outcome of that game! :)

~~~

It turned out to be one of my bad nights of sleep...not only did I have trouble getting there but when I did I had the weirdest dreams ever... In one part of that strange story I was lost from my sister , in a huge crowd of strangers- without my purse or $$$ or cell phone-nor my camera LOL!
(Yes-MY CAMERA!!!) I kept thinking (in the dream) if I just stand here-holding on to this rail
( in front of a building where we had both been standing) my sister will come back! ....but she didn't-to my best recollections...as the way with strange dreams it just continued on with other outlandish things happening...In one part C. and I were also in a strange and huge crowd of people...saw twin little boys almost go over a cliff and we were trying to save them...(I hope we did)...on and on...all thru the night...

Needless to say I awoke early and with a feeling of having rested not at all.

Had to go shopping, nonetheless...for groceries and other stuff at Walmart... Had a weird encounter there too...almost like a continuation of my restless night...

Since it was past lunch time and I had not eaten since my early morning coffee and toast I decided to have a sandwich and coffee in the McDonald's in Walmart. The restaurant there is tiny , with just a few places to sit but I picked a spot away from the other tables- a small, 2 seat table...I had just started to eat my chicken sandwich when a man approaches my table with his food and says,"Do you mind if I sit here?" Well...I was taken aback-taken completely off guard...and well-since we were complete strangers to each other...and since there were other tables available for him...I was surprised to say the least- but -not wanting to be rude I said, "No, I don't mind!" This man -in the space of maybe 10 minutes-asked me the most direct and personal questions...Oh-nothing"out of the way" (as my sweet Mom would have put it) but, my goodness,
who wants to start giving out any info at all to a complete stranger?? ....How long have you lived here...Where were you originally from...Is your husband shopping with you....And I was told about his health problems...and the age of his mother(91) :) and that he eats lunch there every day... and that he had been looking for a rich wife for a long time...In Wal-Mart???? :)

OK-I have to say that's the quickest I have ever finished a sandwich and drank coffee...Most of it went in the trash, to be honest! I wished the man a good day and went on my way to finish my shopping!

At the time it just felt strange...but thinking about it I realize it was probably a 'come on' to me...lol-if that's even the right term. HAHA- I asked Chas if he thought the old guy was flirting with me, or what...and he said,"Of course he was!" Well, hey-I'm a few decades out of practice for these things...

As a result I did my shopping - very slowly- thinking the old guy might be waiting to try to talk to me again...


AHHH- a strange day following a strange night!!


Hope tonight and tomorrow are better!



Junie

12 Comments:

At 12:18 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Wow, Junie... I hope tonight and tomorrow are MUCH more ordinary for you!!

 
At 12:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye<

Off to give it a shot...that sleeping thing!! :)

Yes-I'll welcome an ordinary day and night!

Junie

 
At 1:50 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Must have been something you ate! LOL! Have you ever been told that when you've had strange dreams?
The guy in Wal-mart is just too creepy for me. I don't think I would have let him sit down. :)
Better dreams AND shopping!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Goodness Girl! I think I would have looked around and then said, "there's plenty of other seating..."
I'm a believer in nipping things in the bud!Hahaa...You're kinder than me! I do Not trust easily.
Get a nap sweetie!!
hughugs

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Yah Donna, you are right.

I guess the guy was a harmless old lonely person just wanting to talk to someone but it was kind of unusual and a little bit unsettling to me.

Had a better night so I'm ready for a new day!! :)

Junie

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Carletta,

Yes, he sort of creeped me out- that old guy! I got out of that situation as fast as I could ...but he just totally took me by surprise by asking to sit there.
( lol- maybe it was his favorite table since he said he has lunch there every day!!)
Oh well--I need to brush up on how to be rude to folks I guess-for my own safety and peace of mind!

:) Yah, have heard that about bad dreams... anyway- had a better night , last night and slept later , so I feel better today.


Junie

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well I guess he thought you were the rich wife he was looking for. You got to take care girl! You never know what you are facing!!!!

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL

HAHA- well he got that all wrong!

Yah-I felt like an idiot after it happened....and during the time too!

....but he was old....well he looked old anyway...I mean a LOT older than me....and I am no spring chicken, myself -as you know!

Thanks, Mary!


Junie

Didn't want to take any chances so I got out of there fast!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

That is too funny about the guy in McDonald's...you're like me, I'm too kind and tend to get in situations like that because I don't want to be rude. Of course he was coming on to you, you're a good looking chick!! hehe

Glad to hear you had such a fun Super Bowl party:-) I've never watched football except for the "tight ends" when the school behind our place has their football practices! hehe xoxo

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That's new: picking up chicks at McDondalds (or maybe it's not, I don't know).

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

lol- AC

Junie Rose.... a chick??

The whole incident is just comical!!

:) thanks for coming by!


Junie

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your visit Dear Pea.

hugs))
Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home