Junie's Place: Happy Easter ~ and more~

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Happy Easter ~ and more~



~~



~~




.....Not EGG-zackley what I ( personally) would have hoped for on this blessed holiday weekend... I've been happily anticipating this Easter week-end - and with having a lot of the family together at our place- for weeks!

Turns out- I seem to be on the 'Cold and Flu' hit list multiple times this season...or at least twice-SO FAR!


The symptoms I've tried to ignore for a few days, but the past 3 days or so they just would not be denied their glory!

I am
...achy-coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, clogged nose (when it's not running like a faucet) and stopped up head- sore throat, sleepless nights, HEADACHE...You name it-I got it, with this one!

This 'Cold-Flu' thing is not something to lightly "Sneeze At!" It has become a "Full Blown" huge & serious deal!


Wanted so much to be able to have things festive and pretty and with good food to serve the family...colored eggs, even! Have not felt like doing much and don't expect to recover in the next few hours!


Well, I predict I will, somehow, manage the food part! (I'm cooking a ham right now and the rest will be doable)....But the bunnies and flowers and egg decorating will have to be left out! :(


LOL!
OK-that's all!

~~~



Happy Easter

to you all!

The Reason for our celebration will always be with us!



Love,
Junie

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:26 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Awww, goodness gracious, Junie Rose; so sorry to hear this! Just sort of getting over all that here, and it's hard to "get over". Take care, and get well soon.

I know the family will appreciate the efforts of your cooking, though. We won't be with Hunter & Britt tomorrow, but Patti & I are going over to my brother's house.


God bless you & your family! :)

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Any time is bad to get sick but especially on holidays! How unfair. I hope you will be feeling at least a little better tomorrow and will be able to enjoy yourself.
Have a Blessed Resurrection day celebration regardless.
Hugs!

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Happy Easter June and Charles.

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

How disappointing to be sick this weekend. Get well soon.

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Donna said...

OhNoooo...Get better SOON Miz Junie!!
And I hate that I missed Charles birthday post!
Hope he had a great day!!!
Happy Easter to you both!!
hughugs

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Easter to you and yours, dear Junie!! Having had Corey home the last few days and making my Easter dinner yesterday, today I am relaxing and catching up with my blogging friends:-)

What a shame that you're so sick with the flu right now:-( I'm sure everyone will appreciate that you still cooked Easter dinner for them and won't mind not seeing flowers and coloured eggs:-) xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home