Junie's Place: Spring Flowers _April16, 2009

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Flowers _April16, 2009






~~~

"In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love."

Alfred Lord Tennyson

~~~

This poem-and quote- came to me today when I was out looking at the flowers.

Don't ask why, as there's no explaining the tracks my mind might take...the connections it makes between one thing and another! :) But there has always been a definite correlation between love and flowers in my mind, so maybe this is not so 'far out,' after all!

But let me change that just a little bit to fit the situation better.
( my apologies to Tennyson)

I would say, "In the spring a 'young' lady's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of flowers!"

LOL- Well, one might question the 'young' part but never the 'flowers' part- in regard to Junie Rose!

Yesterday I bought a few plants for my gardens - 3 rose bushes and some bedding plants. Oh-and some tomato plants...those little cherry tomatoes that I like to use in salads!
Here's a picture of some of the plants I bought and hope to get planted soon!





















~~~

My first spring flowers have come and gone. Sadly, but not surprisingly, the Wisteria is completely over and done with for the year ( lasting barely 2 weeks, if that!) and the Dogwood blooms are over, as well; and the Azaleas are soon to follow! I always wish there could be a way to keep it longer - this spring which I so dearly love! It's gone much too soon!

Well- here are some flowers I DO have blooming in my yard. I'm surrounded by beauty and know how very well I'm blessed!
(so disregard my greedy attitude about my early spring, please!)
:)

My wildflower meadow is blooming!


~ This pic is from another year!

You know I love my wildflower meadow ~ right ? ~


~~

























These roses grow beside the meadow. They are both old fashioned, shrub rose varieties and require minimal care.
They just keep blooming almost all year 'round .














~~
This is one of my first 'McCartney' blooms of the year!

I have 2 of these bushes in my back garden. It's a big favorite of mine!

Lol- NO- not just for it's name...it's an outstanding rose, all around!




Here are a few miscellaneous flowers around our place...

The name of this small shrub is English Dogwood. The flowers do resemble Dogwood blossoms, but are a lot smaller.


This is the only Clematis I have. I like this deep burgundy color. This was the first bloom, taken a couple days ago, but I noticed today it has several more blooms.


This old fashioned, wild variety of Honeysuckle blooms a lot and has the sweetest fragrance of almost all flowers! This rose grows beside this plant and it's hard to know which has the sweeter smell!


The Coral Honeysuckle can't compare in fragrance (to the wild Honeysuckle) but it sure impresses with it's vibrant color! It's a favorite of the hummingbirds too!


Last but not least in importance- nor in it's beauty and sweet fragrance either-
is the Orange blossom; our state flower!

I was thrilled to see these blossoms come on- after the hard winter and the scare that we might lose some of our trees!


~~

These are my late spring flowers.
Hope you enjoyed looking!


Junie Rose


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM , Blogger Donna said...

LOVE all the flowers Junie!!
Beautiful!!!
hughugs

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed I did enjoy seeing the lovely blooms that surround you. Thanks Junie for sharing!

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger dot said...

Everything is about gone here also. You showed a nice variety today. Enjoyed the pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home