Junie's Place: ~ Wisteria ~

Saturday, April 10, 2010

~ Wisteria ~

~~~

NOTE:
Camera-Critter post below this one.



~Wisteria~



( click on pics to enlarge )


Yesterday I spent some hours in my back yard, marveling at the wonder of this lovely spring! The flowers have been phenomenal this time-more beautiful than any year in my memory!

The Wisteria is to the point right now where it just takes my breath away when I look at it! You may think I'm kidding- but I'm not!

I am of the opinion that there is nothing more beautiful than Wisteria that has been allowed to grow as God intended...and that is free growing-where ever it chooses to go!

In the case of the Wisteria we have in our yard...Charles built an arbor connected to our swing patio. This is beneath limbs of a huge Live Oak.
This year the Wisteria vine has grown up into the highest branches of the tree. The blooms cover the roof of the patio now, also!

Alas! Spring is soon over and as I watch today I see the lavender petals falling and mixing with those of the Dogwood blossoms, nearby. Like raindrops they fall ~ but in the soft , sweet fragrance and colors of spring!

God, with his creation must have known when doing spring that too much of this kind of beauty would be a total overload for some folks ~ especially those like 'Junie Rose' ~ so in His infinite wisdom He limited the exposure time of this amazing season- and this perfect flower - the Wisteria!!









Love,
Junie Rose

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 4:25 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Fantastic.

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

The wisteria is so beautiful, June! Great shots of it. You are right, the blooms are phenomenal this spring. Redbud, dogwood, wild plum, everything. And the irises are already beginning to bloom.

Enjoy all of God's beauty that surrounds you! I know I do.

Renie

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Renie.

Your spring is probably even more spectacular than ours is here- because you're farther north!

If anyone has trouble seeing God in spring-they must be blind!

June

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for looking, AC!

Spring really is a fantastic sight this time!!

Junie

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

You have a lot of beauty around you Junie...I love all of your gorgeous flowers. Happy Spring sweetie... ~Joy xo

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can see your love of Spring in all the photos. Truly a beautiful sight.

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thank you-Mary and Joy

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

My Wisteria is almost at this point too. I love it! It goes away all too soon. I do wish I could have it all summer.
Lovely images!

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carletta,

My Wisteria is almost over now! :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home