Junie's Place: Sepia Scenes~ April7, 2010` back in time...

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Sepia Scenes~ April7, 2010` back in time...



~~~



Visit *Mary* to find other SS posts!


~~~

This is going way back to the early 70's ( Miami,Fl ) and remembering a very sweet cat who I loved a lot! His name was 'Kanukki !'

We got him from a couple of Nuns who had to give him up because they were moving . They had named him and if I ever knew the meaning or origin of his name I have long since forgotten!
(Does anyone know this name?)

'Nukki' had some health problems and we knew he'd not be with us long...but he was a joy to have in our lives for awhile! He was so very beautiful...and I still remember the sound of his purring and his loving nature!




Junie ( old memories)

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 12:48 PM , Blogger Patti said...

Aw, Kanukki must have been a wonderful kitty if you can still remember the sound of his purring.

Sweet post.

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Patti,


Yes, he was very special...His purr would begin at our slightest touch :)- like pushing a button to turn something on! :)


Hope you're having a fine spring day!


Junie

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Marice said...

what a lovely collection :)

u may view mine too here

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

Some animals are so sweet we remember them forever. Nukki looks precious!

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I do think each pet we have leaves a special spot in our hearts and memories!

I did not know this Neil Young song until my visit here yesterday. I just love it Junie - thanks for introducing me. :)

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Marie said...

I love this sepia post!

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Beloved pets from our past will never be forgotten:-) "Kanukki" is such a beautiful name and fitting for such a lovely kitty. I found this about the name:

kanukki

1. (colloquial) A Canuck, Canadian.

Lol, I wonder if that's why the nuns called him that, he was really Canadian? hehe xoxo

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carletta,

Yes, you're right about the animals- at least it's that way with me. Each had a special place in my heart-and I still remember dogs or cats I had all through my life-and still feel the loss of them!

So glad you've enjoyed the Neil Young song. It's a beautiful one! I like a lot of his music...

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all for your comments! I'll visit you soon.


Junie

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Daniela said...

What a great photo, i love it :)

 
At 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Junie, Great photo. I love the sepia tones.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Junie thank you for sharing your memories with us! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home