Junie's Place: Birthday Party-for two!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Birthday Party-for two!

~~~
Yesterday at our house we had a big party for two members of our family!  :) 

July birthdays are:
Zach (my grandson) July 12th. 
and
Joy (my Daughter-in-law) July 31st.

We decided to have an early-combined party, since Charles and I will be away on our annual trip to Alabama at the end of July.

We all had a great time-lots of food and goodies!  Charles cooked on the grill - chicken and ribs- and I made a lot of other dishes. Did a lot ahead of time so as to have more time for visiting and chit-chat with all the folks!

Joy-bless her heart- made her own birthday cake-and Zach's!  She wanted to do it! She's an amazingly generous and sweet girl! 
:)  We be lucky!!   :)

 Here are our birthday folks, posing with the cakes...


...and with Ginga!


I missed the ones absent...Dan had to work... and both Marc and Terry are away.

I didn't get my usual amount of pictures and realized later I didn't get any of Charles or my sister and her husband- nor our friends who were here. (Ted and Sandy and Rick!) I was concentrating, mostly, on the kids!  :) (my grown-up kiddies and their friends!)

Zach met 'Cooper' for the first time and was impressed! :) Alli and Zach, as always, had fun together.

Mario was here too, he's also a friend of Zach from Orlando.
 Brian had Lyndy as his guest and it was a first meeting for us! All the young folks seemed to hit it off great and everyone had a fun day! 




The BBQ was excellent, as always. Charles is a great cook-out chef!! So sorry I failed to get a picture of him!  :(
(geesh-I'm losing it!!)

...but...here's a pic of Charles and Joy at the 4th of July party!



A fun day for us !

Hope you've all had a great weekend!


Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:58 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

A very Happy Birthday to Zach and Joy!! Omigosh, look at those two birthday cakes she bakes, they look soooo delicious. It sounds like you all had a great time and looking at all those smiling faces, a fun time was had by all:-) xoxo

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Sally said...

The cakes look awesome, Junie. I love how your family enjoy being together. So glad you all had a nice day. Happy Birthday to your sweet grandson & daughter in law. :)

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Happy Birthday to both. Looks like a wonderful party and a great barbeque. Family that enjoys each others company as it is obvious from your photos is a treasure.

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It look like a great time was had by all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home