Junie's Place: Long, hot day-

Monday, August 02, 2010

Long, hot day-

Today was an extremely hot day here-probably actual temp  near 100°!  I had to do some shopping for our upcoming trip on Thursday! Wanted to buy some new clothes but didn't find much-except a pr. of capri pants/Jeans-lol- and 3 pairs of sandals! Oh well, at least me feet will be happy!!  :)

Also had to shop for my sister, Joy's B'day-and my brother's B'day.  Joy's is Aug.7th. and Ray's is Aug. 16th. Mission accomplished for that part of my plan.

I have mixed feelings about the trip-I DO want to go but really don't like being away from home that much,  these days!  Everything gets more complicated and worrisome as we get older...or is it just me?

There seems to be a million details that must be taken care of and not overlooked...like meds to be refilled- etc-etc- We still have a lot of that to do tomorrow. Also had to reschedule a  doctor's appointment I had. Charles has been having to go weekly for a shot for this latest heart problem he had... that will have to be shuffled around, too.

I had hoped we could  go in the car-much more comfortable for me- but Charles says we need to drive the truck because his brother has a  garden tiller he wants to give him!  Another reason I wanted to go in the car- besides the comfort issue- is the fact that I can't drive the truck!  It's big and wide and I have never driven it at all- C. even has trouble parking it!  I think about what if C. gets sick up there and is unable to drive... (yep-I do worry about things a lot)

OK-I have a couple days to get my head right about the trip...Lol- and I will - I always come through with whatever has to be done...and things almost always turn out ok!

When I got home my kids were here-Tina,Alli and Brian...Alli wanted to show me the dress she had made for herself!  Pretty good FIRST sewing project, don't you think?  :) Alli- a girl of many talents!  :)




We will be leaving early Thursday.


Love,
Junie
(Ginga)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:54 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Cute dress!
Are those you're new shoes? I have a little shopping trip planned for tomorrow. I hope I find some goodies.
I'm just like you Junie - all those worries before you go need attention and I'm usually still thinking about them when we're a few miles down the road. :)

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Alli is, indeed, a girl of MANY talents!! I'm very impressed!

I so well understand the worries that come before a trip, making one feel it would just be so much easier to stay home! Just try to take deep breaths when you feel overwhelmed... and make lists! That always helps me.

How long will you be gone, Junie? (I like it better when you stay home, too! ;) But I hope you'll really enjoy the trip once all the preparations are out of the way!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Happy tripping... don't worry!!!!

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Love Alli's dress!! Great Job!
Stop Stressing Girlfriend! It's ALL 'gonna be Just Fine!
Just go and leave ALL worries at Home!! That's an Order!
hughugs

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Alli's dress is adorable just like she is. The did a wonderful job!!

Hope you & Charles have a good trip! ((hugs))

 
At 2:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I said the other day that when we prepare to leave --even if it is just for a day it reminds me of what we did when we traveled when the the kids were babies. Have a good trip and enjoy don't worry!

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all of you, for the encouraging words! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home