Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday-8-23-'10-Yummy Mellow Yellow fruits

Monday, August 23, 2010

Mellow Yellow Monday-8-23-'10-Yummy Mellow Yellow fruits

~~~

It's Mellow Yellow Monday!

  
Go here to find other *MYM posts!*

~~~

I love  fruits-any and all. These are some that I bought today. I sampled a couple already and-YES- they once again lived up to my expectations!
(A banana was especially good with a couple of chocolate chip cookies along with it! lol!)



 There is another  fruit I've been using a lot of lately-lemons!  I don't have a pic of a whole fruit but  we all know what a lemon looks like! :)

  Here is the way I've been using them this summer...I mix up a jug of Crystal Light Lemonade mix as directed...I then slice one whole lemon and sprinkle Splenda on each slice (both sides) and drop the fresh lemon slices into the drink mix in the pitcher.

 WOW! This makes a world of difference! Makes such a refreshing summer drink and looks so pretty! Another good thing...depending on how quickly your drink gets used...these same slices can be used in another 2 or 3 jugs of lemonade!(or more)

My husband likes to eat the slices when I finally think I need to start fresh again!  :)  He says they are delicious that way!

  
Last time,though,I put them aside to dry for about 3 days. Today I laced them together with craft- dried grasses.
(not sure what it's called)
I do like the way it looks! I hung it in my kitchen and made it the 'Star' of my MYM post this time!  :)



So-I say-

"If Walmart sells you a lemon ~ Make Lemonade!"  :)



Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:02 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

The bowl of fruit looks delicious!
Love the strung lemon slices. I think you might have used raffia.

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carletta,

:)

Yah- Raffia- I couldn't think of the name of it! Haven't done any crafts in a long time but had this in my craft room!

Anyway-had fun with the post!


Junie

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger ilovepink1078 said...

I love these fruit in bowl. Well presented.

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger Sandy Trefger said...

Nice photo of lovely yellow fruit. Yummy! And the lemonade looks so refreshing.

Sandy Sandy From the Heart of Texas

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Great yellow pics...I love bananas. You reminded me that I need to go get some more. I love that pic of the hanging lemon slices. ~Joy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home