Junie's Place: Reunion update for the family

Monday, August 09, 2010

Reunion update for the family

~~~

First-let me say I'm happy to be home! 

...But, of course we enjoyed seeing all the folks!

We're both very tired and Charles, especially, is not feeling well. It's not like him to admit to being 'done-in' by anything, but he's not well at all and has had to sit all this day-has chills and fever but says he doesn't need  to see a doctor.

We should have stopped for the night, yesterday, half way, but C. wanted to get home. We got home after 10 last night, giving us more than 13 hours traveling! (Our  trip home is always longer because I want to go by the cemetery where my dad and a lot of my other relatives are buried.) I would not want to go to Alabama and not do that.

Anyway- it's good to be home again- and hope we can get back to our 'normal' soon!
 ~~


One of Charles' sisters was unable to be there but the rest of the siblings made the trip and they were able to meet, one more time. (2 live up there)  Charles has four sisters and one brother still with us. (family of 10 kids) The attendance this time was 50 something. The local nieces there do a great job of organizing everything and cooking up good country dishes! Of course, too,  we always have Whitt's BBQ-a big favorite of everyone! Whitt's is a well known take out BBQ restaurant there. (C. and I always get a lot frozen and bring it home with us for our family here!) :) The food this time was the best ever!  LOL- well, I guess I've said that before too, but it really was something very special! All the folks add their own favorites to the table and everything seemed especially good this time!

Thanks to everyone!

Charles and I stayed with my brother and SIL about 15 miles south of Charles'
 folks. They always have a room for us! Lol-I tell them, "I like this motel!" It makes it easier to have a base.

We were able to see  2 of my nephews and their families while at my brother's house...

Some pics from Ray's place:


~~~


























~~~

These pics are from the Saturday reunion gathering:


































































































Junie

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM , Blogger Sally said...

So glad ya'll had a good time. I hope Charles feels better soon, Junie.

Don't you just love "reunion food"? :)

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Tell Charles we want him bright eyed and bushy tailed soon. It ain't no fun feeling poorly! We know about that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home