Junie's Place: Halloween's A-coming ( a repost from 2006)

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween's A-coming ( a repost from 2006)

 This is one of my early posts about Halloweens of our past! 

(Early Halloweens with my kids)

 

Enjoy!

~

(original post date)

Friday, October 13, 2006

Halloween's a-coming!


I have always loved the Fall season-and a big part of that, of course, has always been the Halloween fun with my kids, and later, with my grandkids!

I don't remember doing Halloween stuff with the kids until they were in school. ( ...Being parents was new to us...:) took us a little while to get the HANG of it, I guess!)

When our kids were growing up we lived in a 'Safe' neighborhood in SouthDade-Miami, Fl. No one worried about letting the kids roam the neighborhood for Trick or Treats! My kids and their friends would take Pillowcases for their goodies and come home with the bags 2/3s full! :) Probably the most dangerous part of the night was all that SUGAR the kids consumed! But they had fun!

The girls continued dressing up and doing Halloween with their friends until their early teens...in later years, raiding their dad's and my closets for whatever they could use to put together a costume!

In my own early childhood, I don't remember being involved in Trick or Treat activities...but DO remember seeing books with pictures of pumpkins and Halloween things. They were always a little scary to me- LOL- as they are intended to be!!
~~~

Here are a few pics of our early Halloweens with our kids!

This is ME-1969 ...Not much $$$ in those days but we managed to get that tiny pumpkin!

Tina-dressed as an old man- after raiding her dad's closet-1975

Chris-Robot '69 (lol- he liked Robots...This one was pretty cool- with little flashlights attached inside the box that went over his head!

Charles, Chris and Tina- handing out treats-early 70s

Tina-Gypsy 1969

Tam- Hula Girl 1969

Tina-as a flower-1970 - holding a crepe paper pumpkin !

Tam- as a butterfly-1970

Chris , as a Robot-1970...and a Ghost!


Fun Times!

I remember one Halloween during those years when Charles didn't feel up to doing the passing out of treats so decided to put a big bowl of candy out -using the honor system! He even put a sign up - telling kids to take just 3 pieces! Well- as you might imagine that bowl of candy was soon empty! Probably the first little goblin who came by took the whole bowl of candy!

Lol- for all I know, it may have been my own kids! :)


Junie
AKA - 'Ginga'

11 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...
Nice Photo's have fun on halloween night . We dont do Halloween in Australia . Take Care  
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Sue said...
Great look back through the years! It seems like Halloween today has become one of the bigger holidays to celebrate, doesn't it? My daughter really goes all out with her decor, costumes and party!  
At 11:38 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...
Sue, Yes, my kids always enjoyed it-and then , the grandkids! My daughter has had some really BIG Halloween parties over the years fo the kids! Junie  
At 11:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...
Hi Jeanette, Some people here in America consider Halloween to be bad- but I see it as just a fun night for kids! We always enjoyed it! I don't do much anymore- now that the kids are all grown! Junie  
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Tammy said...
Dear Junie, I loved all the Halloween outfits...such a fun Holiday!! :-D  
At 2:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...
Hi Tammy, Thanks for visiting. We've always liked Halloween and have had a lot of happy times over theyears. Junie  
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...
These pictures are too much fun Junie. Isn't it fun looking back at the kids over the years on Halloween? I remember the year the twins were a pair of dice..it took me forever to draw all those circles on each side...X two. We made a lot of our costumes...I think they're the best anyway. We're looking forward to Halloween here too...love this time of year.  
At 5:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...
Hi Joy, :) Yes- this time of year has always been fun- even in south Florida when we hardly noticed a change at all! I really got into the costume making with the grandkids! I plan to put some of those pics up too! ( lol- sorry folks-It's MY BLOG!!! ) I'd love to see some of your old pics too. Junie  
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Peter said...
Hey you were a BABE in 1969 June (not that you are not now!!!) great photos.  
At 8:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose said...
:) Oh, my goodness, Peter! What a nice compliment! ....but I never considered myself a Babe! (Lol- especially not now!) Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home