Junie's Place: Sudden Sadness~ (For Bill)

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Sudden Sadness~ (For Bill)

~~~

This morning, as is my usual way, I went online to check out Facebook and my other favorite spots- especially where I have contact with  friends - old and new.

I was shocked and saddened to see that an old friend had passed away just yesterday! Bill is a friend from way back in the teenage years in south Florida...My husband also knew him later,  when they were both on the Sheriff's Dept.

I had not heard anything about Bill in years until a few months back when we connected on FB.

Bill impressed me as a very good and kind man and a Christian...and ... remembering back all those years, he was always a good person- and a fun person!

I found myself looking forward to checking his FB page every day-and to getting the nice FB gifts and greetings he would often send- to me, as well as to his numerous other friends. His sense of humor- and his faith in God- was uplifting and refreshing.

Oh, my...the suddenness can certainly knock the breath out of you!

We all need to stop and realize the importance of our friends and loved ones ... Too often and too soon the opportunity to show them- in words and deeds- their importance in our lives, can slip away.

RIP-
my friend, Bill.


Love,
June

~~~

To Bill


This was my post on Bill's page  today...

June Kellum

I'm so sorry to know Bill has passed away. It seems unreal. I knew Bill way back in the old days of Perrine/ south Florida and he was always the nicest person to know! The last several months on FB , being back in touch with Bill, have been very special to me and I looked forward to checking to see what he had posted every day.

My heartfelt condolences go out to Bill's family and all those close to him.

June Kellum

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:09 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sorry for your loss, but thanks for the reminder to value friendships.

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

That is so sad, Junie, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend Bill:-( We definitely do need to slow down in our lives and make sure that we make time for our families and friends, as you say, you just never know when it can slip away. xoxo

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Pea and AC~ My 2 special Canadian friends!!

I love and appreciate you both as friends! So there!! :)


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home