Junie's Place: Visit with Tina

Monday, September 27, 2010

Visit with Tina

~~~

Tonight  we were invited to our daughter Tina's  house  for dinner. She also invited  Chris and Joy and of course,her son Daniel!  She served us a most delicious meal of Tilapia fish and a vegetable/squash dish and salad-with a  wonderful sour dough bread; ending  with apple crumb pie and coffee!  Everything was superb and it was a fun visit for all.

...And- I got to see 'Cooper!'  Here he is cuddling up to me!  haha- I bet my Alli will be jealous if she sees this!  ;)



I felt a little sad in not having those other 2 Fahey grandkids around.  They are both living in Orlando at this time...Alli is in college and Brian is working in Orlando and rooming with 3 other guys.

There were reminders of them at their mom's house, with mementoes of them both  all around. Some of Brian's art work hangs on Tina's walls-and in Tina's room I saw this adorable Halloween picture of our little girl at about age 3! The little girl scout doll I found on Ebay for a special Christmas gift for Alli when she was in  Girl Scouts all those years ago!























I also saw 'Miss Kitty,' the cat Alli so dearly loves!

(...and of course there's 'Cooper'- the little dog Alli adores!)

OK- ...Just made me sad...sentimental old gal that I am! I have trouble with changes, you all know that!

  LOL- If I could have had my way I would have kept them all little forever...and kept 'Ma-Ma' here with me too, to adore them right along with me!

...time moves on for all of us!




Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I understand your feelings. When I spent Sunday with my second son and daughter-in-law I finally realize how big Les had grown. When he helped me up off the sofa it was no effort at all for him. So that along with Wes' gray hair is a big clue that I 'ain't gettin' any younger' my friend. Yes I still wish my 20 and 19 year old granddaughters were still 3 and 4 years old. Also the grandson is in his late teens.

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I would have kept mine all little too, Junie. I understand now how you feel about your grandkids because my own kids have grown up in the time I've known you! When I see pictures and videos of them from when they were little, I miss those tiny little people with their sweet and funny ways! At the same time, though, I am proud of the people they are becoming! It would just be nice if once in a while, we could press the rewind button and go back to visit the old days.

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Sounds like such a delicious meal!! I can understand how much you're missing the grandkids and yes, they do grow up much too fast and before you know it, are gone away to live their own lives. Makes you wish they stayed small:-) The pup and kitty are so adorable, no doubt Alli misses them like crazy!! xoxo

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Ladies, for all your comments!

It means a lot !

Junie Rose

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home