Junie's Place: ~Fall flowers for Mom~

Sunday, September 26, 2010

~Fall flowers for Mom~

~~~

Today Charles and I took some silk fall flowers and colorful leaves for Mom.  I hadn't changed her flowers since my sister and I were out in the spring...
(Somehow summer slipped away) 

Someone had added a bunch of beautiful Hibiscus flowers  since we were there and since they still looked fresh and pretty I just added the fall colors to them!
(Mom would love them together anyway )


In January it will be 8 years since Mom left us and I can honestly say she has been in my thoughts every single day of all those years.



In case any of you have doubts of who the greatest love is, in your life, take a lesson from me...You'll have no greater love than your mom.
(at least not in this mortal world)
Don't wait until it's too late to say those words to her and to show your love in your actions!
 
I hope I expressed my love in words and deeds to my
dear mom....
What I would not give to have a hug from my mom one more time-and to see her sweet smile!


This statue stands near Mom's place. It's a comfort for me to see this when I go out there.
  
This picture
(below)shows the spot where my nephew and grand niece  lie...so near to Mom.
( "Ma-Ma" -Paul's grandmother and Brenda's great-grandmother)
They died together in a motorcycle accident after Mom passed away.
(Thankfully-in this mortal life- Mom was spared the heartache of losing those loved ones and also, Phil - Paul's brother)


So much sadness, visiting out there...Well... but really- there is no escaping it, anyway!

I guess the only way NOT to hurt is Not to love at all- and I wouldn't want that!


Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM , Blogger Kerri said...

Hi Junie,
Long time, no visit. I'm not getting around to visit much lately. There's never enough time!
Your thoughts about your relationship between you and your mom are beautiful. I know just what you mean. I miss my mom too.
Your mom had such a sweet face (and you look just like her!).
I'm concerned about Bev (Mountain Mama). My recent comment on her blog came back as undeliverable. Did yours? Have you heard from her lately?
Didn't the summer go much too fast? The autumn colors are beautiful here...but it's much too soon! Happy fall!

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Kerri,

So good hearing from you again. Thank you for your nice comments.
(If I DO look like my mom, I'm happy!!)

About Bev- no I haven't been in touch with her in awhile. Her last blog post was Aug 18th, I believe. She may have been on FB more recently than that. Have you checked her there?
It's strange that your comment would be undeliverable on her blog. Hope she's ok.

Kerri, I know your autumn colors are looking fine by now! You post some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen! Here in Fl we don't have any fall colors! :(

Enjoy!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home