Junie's Place: Poem: Winter's Coming On~ (a repeat)

Friday, December 10, 2010

Poem: Winter's Coming On~ (a repeat)

~



Winter’s Coming On

Winter’s coming on.
The year is winding down.
Autumn’s color,  gone-
her leaves piled on the ground.

The chill is in the air-
and soon there will be snow.
But we’ll keep warm and cozy,
as north winds start to blow.

We’ll sit next to the fire,
with blankets  tucked in neat.
We’ll cuddle - you and I, my love -
as  embers warm our feet.

We’ll have our tea or coffee,
our steamy cups to hold
up close before our faces;
to help combat the cold.

Fire logs will be handy,
Piled up in stacks so high.
We won’t meet winter, unprepared,
and never would we try!


June Kellum
Nov 9, 2007

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 3:50 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I love this poem Junie. I read it a couple of times this cold and rainy day...and now I feel very warm and snuggly. Cheers! ~Joy

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely thoughts to warm the heart if not the toes Junie.

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Lowell said...

Very nice, June. I'd guess that you've lived in the north at some time or other...either that or you've experienced the bitter cold that has characterized Ocala winters last year and this year! I thought cold weather was illegal in Florida!

Thank you, too, for your kind comment on Creative Confections...

Isn't poetry a wonderful way of expressing yourself?

Have a wonderful Sunday.

 
At 2:44 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Lovely poem Junie as I listen to Dan! :)
Hope you are feeling better.
Hugs!

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Beautiful, Junie. I love it! I also hope you're feeling better, girl. Take care of yourself, get well, Santa Claus is comin' to town!! Love ya!

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jacob,

Thanks for reading my poem.

:) No, I have been a Florida girl most of my life...I just imagine what it might be like in a colder place!

...although-last year in Ocala we had a good taste of what a real winter can be like. This year seems to be following the same pattern!


Junie

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ladies,

I DO appreciate all of you very much!

Keep warm!


Love,
Junie

 
At 9:17 PM , Anonymous Leah said...

I Like you poem very much Junie :) Merry Christmas!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Leah! :) Hey, good to see you here!


Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home