Junie's Place: Speaking of Wisteria...look at this!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Speaking of Wisteria...look at this!

~~~
Today Charles and I went to an annual event we have here every March - 'Master Gardeners Festival.'
It's always a nice opportunity for getting out and enjoying our spring weather and  unlimited plants and flowers and all kinds of garden related displays.



 It was a glorious day to be out and about!  This plant festival always gets a big turnout and today was no different from years past. I guess most folk's thoughts turn to gardening when spring weather comes; I know it works that way for me! (Charles too!)


We didn't take a lot of pictures because my batteries in my camera quit on me! Oh, well!
I DID get a few to share... 


Strawberries at $15.00!! You gotta be kidding!  But they ARE pretty-and I'm 
sure the fruit would be yummy!





Very pretty plant...but I bought a couple of these another year and they both died!
  :(
  This time I just looked!

Rose
"Dick Clark"

 

 Now that's a weird looking hanging plant-and one I've never had...I think it's called a 'Pitcher Plant,' but not sure!
(I need to look that up!)








 Junie - in a happy state of mind!  :)




Speaking of Wisteria...look at this!


One  thing that really grabbed my attention was something very beautiful and unique- something I had not seen before.
This is a Wisteria, trained to grow as a potted tree. I suppose it's grafted onto something else- but not sure. Lol- When I saw the price on that plant I had to turn away without asking questions... Price-$125.00!!  This would be grand for one who didn't have the area to let a Wisteria grow naturally. Thank goodness we DO have the space and those giant Oak trees for ours to grow up into.



Love it!


~~~
PS-Charles just told me those Wisteria were not grafted onto another plant...but growing on their own stems!  Cool!I'm gonna try to get some started this way!

Hey-maybe I can sell you all some for $125.00 bucks each!  :)
~~~


Love,
Junie Rose

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:14 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I might buy one if you promised to deliver. :)

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Peter said...

We have a pitcher plant called the Venus Fly Trap, it has a rather putrid smell to attract flies then grows backward facing hair like bits so they can't fly out, it actually feeds on the flies bodies.
You needed to know that didn't you?

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Donna said...

125 Dollars????? Are they Nuts?
You can train your Own like they do a Bonsi tree! Geeeez!
Never have seen that weird batters thing! Unusual!
Happy Sunday!
hughugs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home