Junie's Place: Health matters_IMHO

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Health matters_IMHO

  ~~
   IMHO


Today I went for the 2nd installment of my 4 part, deep cleaning treatments for my teeth! Thursday I will go again for the 3rd. quad...and I suppose next week for the final 4th quad deep cleaning!

This is expensive, but necessary, to save my teeth!

Today's episode was not only uncomfortable but also painful as heck!!

  After the deep cleaning  is over it's been recommended that I will need to go in 3 to 4 times a year for regular cleaning- instead of the more usual, once yearly schedule! Oh, well!  You do what you have to- as long as you're able!

Seems like C. and I are having more than our share of bad luck these days... (but of course I'm just being petty and stupid to say that. We've got it better than a lot of people we know...still-It's normal to feel one's own problems more acutely, I think.)

Happens I'm still bothered with my sleeplessness quite often so am always tired.
Saturday night (before Mother's Day,) I did not  get to sleep at all...not one wink... finally got up at 5:00 after lying awake for hours!  :) But I got through the day somehow- even enjoyed being with the family  very much!
This day I've been going on under 5 hours of sleep last night! (hate it when I wake up 2 hours earlier than I need to - which was the case this AM)!) Tonight I will not hesitate to take a full dose of a sleep med my doctor has prescribed!

I'm happy to say Charles' injured leg is healing nicely... says our daughter, Tina! The dressing still must be changed daily but the hole is getting smaller and there's no infection!
Maybe we will be able to plan a belated anniversary trip in a few weeks...but no plans just yet!


  Junie

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:01 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sorry about the teeth and sleep. I guess I should tell you that sleep has been okay with me. If you don't take pills, consider it. There are benign pills out there, and we need our sleep.

 
At 9:03 AM , Anonymous momma/mary said...

That is good news about Charles. I hope he continues to make progress.

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Goodness gracious, Junie! I'm so sorry about your sleep/sleeplessness. It's so hard to feel good without enough. I've been down that road many times, but thankfully sleep well these days. In fact, I didn't wake up until 9:15 this morning.

I know you'll be glad when the deep cleanings are over. I so wish I had some insurance; mine need help! :)

So happy that Charle's is improving. That's a blessing for sure!! ((hugs))

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, friends.

I've had sleep problems for years...but has gotten worse with age! I have a prescription but don't like to take it every night...so sometimes try to wait it out and end up with no sleep at all! (but usually not that bad!)

Sally- I have NO health insurance except medicare...but I put aside all of my SS checks to cover my medical and dental (It's all we can do right now!) Thank God we're able to do that!

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

My teeth hurt just thinking of what you're going through! lol I've been blessed with good teeth and except for the annual cleaning and 5 little fillings in 53 years, I've had no other problems, thank goodness.

My sleeping pattern has gone haywire again as well. I don't get to sleep until after midnight and then I'm wide awake by 3 or 4. The head cold I have right now is not helping much either! Aaarrgghhh! I need someone or something to knock me right out! lol

Such great news about Charles' leg healing so well now. Tina is a good nurse:-) xoxo

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, friends, for all your comments. I appreciate all of you hanging in here with me- even tho I'm not keeping up as much these days.

I am having a lot of problems these days -between my sleep and all the others-

Hope you're all doing well

Love ,


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home