Junie's Place: Andrew Gold-R.I.P.

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Andrew Gold-R.I.P.

Andrew Gold-R.I.P.

by June Kellum on Saturday, June 4, 2011 at 7:13pm
(Facebook)
 
Just heard the sad news that Andrew Gold has died. (I assume it was today, but I can't find it in the news.)

Back in the 70's my teenage son suggested Andrew Gold's music to me-knowing I would like it! My son, Chris, was right, as he usually was about picking music for me!

( Info from Wikipedia)

Andrew Maurice Gold (born August 2, 1951) is an American singer, musician and songwriter. His work includes the Top 10 single "Lonely Boy" (1977), as well as single "Thank You for Being a Friend" (1978) and "Never Let Her Slip Away" (1978).

Enjoy the video -"Lonely Boy."

 



Junie

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM , Anonymous momma/mary said...

The name rang no bells but the music did. Thanks Junie for the update.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Mary.
He was quite well known in the 70s, but mostly as a writer of music and in connection with other bands. He was one of those musicians who emerged as part of the southern Ca surge of music and bands. ( such as Eagles-Linda Ronstadt-Jackson Browne- etc) I remembered him because of my son!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home