Junie's Place: Poem: "On a Hillside, by a River"

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Poem: "On a Hillside, by a River"


  (from my FB page)

 
‎~Remembering a visit with my sister~



On a Hillside, By a River
~
 
On a hillside by a river
we touch hands, me and my sis.

Reminiscing, sharing memories
of our mom, our dad, our kids

Remembering times that we have shared
and some we haven’t known together...

Filling in the empty spaces
with my sister- nothing better.

We give praise for all God’s beauty
as we gaze upon this scene

Hide our sorrows-count our blessings
for all the joys this day will bring.

June Kellum
July 27, 2011

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:03 PM , Blogger Sally said...

I love everything you write, Junie, but this is something very special and goes perfectly with the photo! Awesome!

Hugs!

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Sweet Junie!!!
hughugs

 
At 1:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ladies,

hugs))


Junie

PS-Can't sign in for some strange reason

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh that was so nice Junie....and I just love the photo. ~Joy xo

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thank you, Joy. You know, certain pictures inspire words to go along with them! :)

Hugs))


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home