Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday~Aug 8, 2011~ Some Alabama yellows~~

Monday, August 08, 2011

Mellow Yellow Monday~Aug 8, 2011~ Some Alabama yellows~~

~~



~~


We just returned today from our trip to Alabama to visit some of our family. Both my husband and I have relatives in Alabama so we make the trip every year in August.

Alabama is a pretty state and we love visiting up there! We both love the country!

I've picked out a few Mellow Yellow scenes to post.

These pasture scenes with horses are at 3 different spots in the areas where we were visiting folks and just riding around in the country! I noticed each of those pastures had the same yellow wildflowers growing where the horses were grazing on the lush green grass.
~~

These first ones are  next to my brother's place in Priceville. This is my brother, Ray, feeding the neighbor's horse some apples that had fallen off his tree in a wind storm the night before! I guess my sister-in-law has been busy making applesauce out of those apples after we left!
















I love the little yellow wildflowers growing there!
 







These last 2 pictures are similar scenes....different horses-same little flowers.



~~

Always on our way home we make a point of going to Springville to visit my Dad's grave. (and many more of my relatives on both my mom and my dad's side of our family) I always take Daddy yellow flowers.





Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Your dad has been gone a long time, and he didn't live a long life. That must have been difficult for you.

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for coming, AC.

Yes, my dad had a short life. I've always felt sad thinking how much he missed. I was just starting out with my young family and only my son(4 yrs.then) has any memories of his granddad. One of my girls was just a year old and the other not yet born.

 
At 6:11 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

I stumbled by and glad I found you.
Wonderful flowers you have for the grave. Such a short time we have. I feel connected somewhat even though in Prince Edward Island my dad who is in a home now bought a house in Ocala Florida many years ago, it is still there run down, broken into and not kept up. I always loved Ocala, the name, the place and oh the flea markets. Hope to hear from you some day

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home