Junie's Place: Ruby Tuesday~Aug 9,2011~ Ruby Red Scenes of Alabama~

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Ruby Tuesday~Aug 9,2011~ Ruby Red Scenes of Alabama~

~~~





~~~

Here are some Ruby Red country scenes from our recent trip to Alabama!

Enjoy!

Nothing better (IMHO) than a country breakfast of country ham, fried eggs, biscuits and buttered grits!


This is Levi and his grandpa, Gary 
(my nephew),
checking out the neighbor's horse!


On our rides around the country we saw a lot of barns!
Here are a couple of red ones-one very old and one much newer! They all have a special charm for me.

This is an old barn, actually in the city limits of Athens, Al.



This is a newer barn we saw in Snead,Al- after we were on our way back home.
~

My brother and husband were thrilled to see this on one of our outings!
~1956 Buick~ 


~~

For some reason, water towers always fascinate me and I try to get pictures where ever we go. I especially like to see them  decorated with our flag!
This one is in Hartselle, near where my brother and sister-in-law live.


 This one is in south Alabama-somewhere south of Troy.




(more of our trip later)

Junie


Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger Dianne said...

you found a lot of reds on your trip!!

I love the shot of Levi and his Grnadpa and the horse
so sweet :)

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That breakfast looks good, but maybe it's just because I had carrots and celery for lunch.

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

An outstanding trip you enjoyed! Ruby barns are a given, a perfect color for such. Naturally the flag flies so high on the water towers, so we on the ground get a perfect view! This 1956 Buick Special is a chrome beauty, and those biscuits - with the butter of lard, perfectly formed and baked. Excellent views from your road trip!

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Patti said...

Looks like a fun road trip. The barns are cool, especially the oddly-shaped second one.

And red is always the best color for them. ;-)

Nice photo of your nephew and his grandson. Very sweet.

I knew my hubby would like that 1956 Buick and I see he was here already!

Happy Ruby Tuesday!

 
At 9:51 AM , Anonymous momma said...

Great pictures Junie.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

So glad to hear that you had such a lovely time in Alabama and that breakfast looks perfect except that I've never had "grits" so can't say if I'd like it or not! lol Love the pictures you took and that '56 Buik is gorgeous!! Like you, I really love barns as well, old or new. As for the water tanks I've never seen any with the flag like that, so neat!! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home