Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday~Sept 17, 2012 -SPIDER

Monday, September 17, 2012

Mellow Yellow Monday~Sept 17, 2012 -SPIDER


( from Wikipedia)

The golden silk orb-weavers (genus Nephila) are a genus of araneomorph spiders noted for the impressive webs they weave.

On a recent late afternoon, as the sun was getting low in the sky, I looked west across my side yard and the golden web of this spider caught my eye.  I had to go out and get a closer look at the spider and the elaborate web she had created!
This web is tattered in a few spots but still impressive to see.

I'm fascinated by these spiders and the webs they make
...although a nuisance for my husband when he mows the grass.

(click on pics to enlarge)



Labels: , , , , ,


At 11:58 AM , Blogger Donna said...

When we have the hummingbirds fly through they easily get caught in those webs...I always tear them down if they're huge...
Love the photos though!

At 12:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I've heard of that happening but I've never seen it. I imagine it could be a problem.Of course I'd come down on the side of the hummingbirds! :)

At 1:39 PM , Blogger Luna Miranda said...

spider webs are great photography subjects...but this creature gives me goosebumps!

MYM: Wildflower

At 3:34 PM , Blogger Sally said...

These are wonderful pictures, Junie. You're a great photographer!


At 2:44 PM , Blogger cassandrasminicorner said...

What a big and scary web:(

Visiting from MYM- hope you can you stop by..


At 7:02 PM , Blogger J.Rye said...


Visiting late from Mellow Yellow Monday. I would be tickled if you can comment on my Yellow Post as well. Thank you!

At 10:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all of you, for looking and for the comments. I'll visit each of you soon.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home