Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday~Sept 17, 2012 -SPIDER

Monday, September 17, 2012

Mellow Yellow Monday~Sept 17, 2012 -SPIDER

~~~



~~
( from Wikipedia)

The golden silk orb-weavers (genus Nephila) are a genus of araneomorph spiders noted for the impressive webs they weave.
~

On a recent late afternoon, as the sun was getting low in the sky, I looked west across my side yard and the golden web of this spider caught my eye.  I had to go out and get a closer look at the spider and the elaborate web she had created!
This web is tattered in a few spots but still impressive to see.

I'm fascinated by these spiders and the webs they make
...although a nuisance for my husband when he mows the grass.

(click on pics to enlarge)



 






Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:58 AM , Blogger Donna said...

When we have the hummingbirds fly through they easily get caught in those webs...I always tear them down if they're huge...
Love the photos though!
hughugs

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I've heard of that happening but I've never seen it. I imagine it could be a problem.Of course I'd come down on the side of the hummingbirds! :)

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

spider webs are great photography subjects...but this creature gives me goosebumps!


MYM: Wildflower

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger Sally said...

These are wonderful pictures, Junie. You're a great photographer!

xoxo

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger cassandrasminicorner said...

What a big and scary web:(

Visiting from MYM- hope you can you stop by..

http://cassandrasminicorner.blogspot.com/2012/09/mellow-yellow-monday-all-about-yellows.html

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger J.Rylie.C said...

wow!

Visiting late from Mellow Yellow Monday. I would be tickled if you can comment on my Yellow Post as well. Thank you!

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all of you, for looking and for the comments. I'll visit each of you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home