Junie's Place: Happy New Year- ~~food for good luck in the new year

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year- ~~food for good luck in the new year

June Kellum
 
(posted on my Face Book page)
This is our traditional meal for the New Year. It's supposed to bring good luck to those who eat it, for the new year ahead! We do this every January 1st!! Who knows where we might be if we hadn't had this last Jan 1st! :) ... and I'm expecting great things for 2013!! "Blackeyed peas, cooked with hog jawl...some fried as bacon, too...Also mustard and turnip greens...cornbread. We also cooked a pork roast. For good measure and just because I like it-I have a cup of buttermilk with the hot cornbread crumbled in it! :)

Good southern chow but I'm not so sure about the 'good luck' part! ;)
 

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love reading about a family's tradition and it sounds like yours is pretty tasty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home