Junie's Place: Poem: Cardinals

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Poem: Cardinals


Cardinals

I see Cardinals almost daily in spring and summer, but just for fleeting moments,
and seldom see them congregated more than two, together.

It’s as if God is guarding me against an overload of too much beauty - all at once!

Each time I see them I feel this rush of pure joy! :)


His plan is good!



~~~~~~~~



Cardinals


He is deepest red, while She is more like rust
- in all their glory given-
perching there among the blossoms, pink!

A decorator of high fashion
might be hesitant to pose them, thus!

The colors
– one so soft, the others, more than bold -
would surely clash
...one would think!

But to me…the soft pink of the Redbud tree,
so pleasing and fulfilling
- a most glorious blooming tree-
can only be enhanced - the more-
when there among her branches,
flash the reddest red and rust!

The purest joy that any eye could see!


June Kellum
Mar 2006

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

I love cardinals. We have had a pair of them return to the Rose-of-Sharon trees in our back yard every winter. They stay for about a week and they are gone.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) They just dazzle me!!

...as you can tell by my poem! :)

Junie

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

His plan IS good Junie. I've always loved Cardinals...and love seeing them in the trees around my house; I'll sit and watch them if they stay around long enough. Lovely poem.

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy,

I saw again this morning a pair of Cardinals, in my blooming RedBud tree!

....and I DO think I would just be completely overwhelmed if they came in high numbers- as the sweet little wrens do- to my feeders! :)

Life is beautiful!

Junie

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

What a colorful poem! I love them too. They are the state bird of WV. I also think they look beautiful in the snow, perched on a lightly dusted blue spruce tree. :)

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh, Carolyn,

I'm sure they DO look beautiful against the snow! Of course, I've only experienced that on Christmas cards- etc!

You should try for some shots like that!

Junie

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I've tried, but my cat Molly has ESP. She seems to know when I've gone to get my camera, so out she comes and scares them away! Next time I'm going to think, "I'm going to photo the bear, I'm going to photo the bear..." lol!

 
At 1:05 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) That might work!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home