Junie's Place: My Travels With Charlie- Part 3

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Travels With Charlie- Part 3

My Travels With Charlie - Part 3


… :) …We didn’t stop! We traveled on to Dothan, Al to Adam’s End motel. We have often stayed there on our trips. We usually are able to get this one particular room that we like, with two big beds and a big bath with a nice tub.

This time Adam’s End was all full-up- except for one small room with only one small size bed and just a shower barely big enough to step into! (I was, SO, anticipating a long soak in a tub!) In addition to being little more than a broom closet in size, the non-smoking room we asked for was furnished with Ashtrays! Though, to be honest, there was no smoke smell in the room,at all! If there had been Charles would have kept searching for a room. He cannot tolerate the smell of cigarettes at all!

My bad luck- Dang It- stuck with this cubbyhole of a room! To my credit, I did not fuss…well, not a lot! :) Was not real easy, Not to, as I washed away the weariness of the long day of riding in that tiny shower in that bathroom not much bigger than my food pantry at home!

The worst part of it all…no bedside lamp! I ended up sitting in an uncomfortable chair in the corner, using the only lamp in the room, to carry out my nightly ritual of reading a few pages before being able to sleep!

The UP-SIDE of all this was the price of the room…$32.00!

What some people (Charles) won’t do to save a buck, eh? :)


…to be continued…


Junie

2 Comments:

At 8:23 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Junie,
nice to have you back, i'm enjoying your travels for a change, your right, it is so good to catch up with old friends,
looking forward to more,
hugs jacqui

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jacqui,

It's always good to be back home. However, we did have some fun times on the trip!

I will post a bit more about the trip...
hopefully, SHORT of boring people to death! :)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home