Junie's Place: My Travels With Charlie!

Monday, July 17, 2006

My Travels With Charlie!

:)

Yah! I know that title has been used before but without the "MY" so maybe Steinbeck wouldn't mind!

Anyway- we're back! I will be sharing tidbits of our travels and some pics for the next little while!

Hope you will enjoy! We did but, then , Charlie and I may be marching to a different drummer than some of you! :)

Here goes:

My Travels With Charlie - Part #1

Every year Charlie's family in north Alabama has a family reunion! Charles and I have made it every time for the past several years...in fact, since it began!
Over the years the numbers have grown smaller, with everyone getting older- and some having left us!...Still-the family has the desire to keep the tradition going-and always will as long as there are ANY who still want to or CAN, continue!

The numbers were down this year, with 3 of the siblings (and most members of their families) not being able to come! The ones who didn't make it live in Atlanta,Ga, and Milton, Fl. I believe we had 35 this time! But I must say, the ones who were there enjoyed it...both Friday night and again for the Biggie on Saturday! Still, the absent ones were missed! :(



We left home on Wednesday about 10:00 am Stopped in Gainesville about 10:45 for a burger and coffee! (I was too late for my chicken/biscuit!)
Here we are doing our Hardee's commercial! :)



...to be continued...

JunieRose

10 Comments:

At 9:06 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Good to have you back and that you sounded like you enjoyed the adventure. We have a reunion coming up on August 5th - the Saturday before the first Sunday in August. This coincides with the decoration day of the country cemetary where my folks are buried. We will just barely be in Miss., close to the Alabama border. ec

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

You always miss those family members who can't make it, don't you? We had a few too. But I know you thoroughly enjoyed the ones that made it....so glad you and Charles had such a good time Junie. Welcome back...you were missed. Hugs to you both...

 
At 12:43 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Glad to see you back, Junie! :)

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Welcome home June and Charlie, we have had a couple of family reunions over the years, always good fun, an annual event though must take some effort to maintain the interest levels.
Good pics as always.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

Yes, it's an effort to make these trips - especially as we get older! But it's always good to see everyone and I like going back to all the places where all Charles' stories originated! :)

I have a lot of catching up to do with the blogs!
...Good to know I was missed by my blogging buddies! :)

June

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

We had a good trip but it's always good to get back home.

Hope things have been going well for you these past few days.

It will take me a while to catch up with reading the blogs- but I will!

Junie

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ec,

As a child, we always went to the decoration day in Springville, Al, where most of my relatives on both sides of my family were buried.

Charles and I always make that one of our stops when we go up there as my Dad is there as are so many other relatives. (My mom is down here-which is kind of sad but she changed her plans after having lived here for so long)
:) but I'm rambling...

It's important to hold on to the family traditions-IMO-so hope yu enjoy your upcoming reunion.

Junie

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Joy,

Thanks for visiting here!

Yes, C. and I had some fun times- especially in riding around the countryside. I made lots of pictures.

...However- it's always good to be back home!

Junie

 
At 3:15 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Welcome home June ~~ I am so glad that you and Charles had such a good trip and enjoyed it all. A pity about the room
at Adam's End Motel. You will have to book ahead next time. It all sounded beaut anyway, so thanks for sharing with us. Glad you are safely home.
Take care, Merle.

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Merle,

We enjoyed the trip - tho it was tiring.

Hope things are well with you.

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home