Junie's Place: Poem: All the Days Have Come and Gone

Friday, July 28, 2006

Poem: All the Days Have Come and Gone





(These times of when my grandchildren were little and with us a lot- were very special!)


All the Days Have Come and Gone


All the days have come and gone.
Those days have been completed…
when I would give my time and love…
to come whenever needed.

To push a swing…and hold my breath…
and hope they’d not let go!
To have an answer ready
for the things they’d want to know.

Playing cards or dolls or cars,
or Super Hero guys.
And always having cookies,
or an extra cool surprise!

The time for tucking them in bed,
on pallets, wall to wall…
late nights of scary movies …
I miss them most of all!

The pride I felt- the purest joy-
of having them all near…
Those times remain - Beyond Compare -
those times when they were here.


June Kellum
July 2006

8 Comments:

At 9:53 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Good one describing some good memories with the 'grands' - they seem to grow up way too fast. ec

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks.

Yes, time passes all too quickly.

June

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Very nice poem June, you still have the memories.

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Your poem says it all. I know just what you're saying. I'm trying to hold on to it right now Junie...even if the babes and I don't live close. It slips away so quickly.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

A remarkable writing Junie! I think you should give each of them a copy of this on their next Christmas gift :)

Lovely pic of you and your hubbie below, btw ;)

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carolyn-

Joy-

Peter-

Thanks for your nice comments.

Junie

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger TJ said...

I cried as I read this poem...my little grandkids are growing up so fast, and I don't get to see them as often anymore...but on the bright side they are coming to see me this next weekend...Loved,loved your poem!!!
:-D

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ahhh- thanks so much! It's good to have someone enjoy my poems... even if I make you cry! :)

Being a grandparent has been one of God's greatest blessings for me!
Truth be told- it has been hard adjusting to having them grow up! My youngest is Allison and she's 15. My boys are 19-21- and 23! They all *star* in my blogs often!

ENJOY that visit from your grands!!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home