Junie's Place: I took the plunge...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I took the plunge...

I took the plunge and signed up for hi-speed internet service today! It will be in effect no later than Tuesday of next week!!!
Marc will be home to help me get it going right!! ;) Marc is my computer guy!! (My son-in-law!)

They tell me it will be about 40 times faster than my current dial-up system!
LOL- Will this mean I can cut down on my time spent at this computer? Will I be able to do my usual stuff in a fraction of the time it now takes me?...Or will I just find OTHER fun stuff to do to use up the time I save!
We shall see! :)

I'm especially looking forward to seeing some of those music videos I have been hearing so much about!!

Can't wait!! :)


Juniper

14 Comments:

At 10:50 PM , Blogger Granny said...

My cable modem is about my only treat to myself. I can't imagine tapping my fingers waiting for dialup.

I'm sure you'll love it.

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Ann,

I'm pretty excited about it! :)

Junie

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger Susie said...

You will truly L.O.V.E it! (and you'll wonder how you ever survived with dial up!)

 
At 4:54 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Just don't expect to have any more time June, we always manage to use up what is available.

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh,my, Peter! That's discouraging! :)

June

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Susie,

Am really looking forward to the new experience of high-speed! :)

Junie

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Ah Oh....a new experience....a new addiction. You'll love it....bye bye Junie.

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Ah Oh....a new experience....a new addiction.<<<<


LOL- Yes....like I NEEDED a new one!!!


Junie

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger TJ said...

You are going to just love it Junie!!!
I'm so spoiled not it ain't even funny!!!
:-D

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Tammy,

I'm hoping I can cut down on my online time! :) I spend a lot of time just WAITING to do things, as it is now!

:) ... but probably I'll just find More things to do!

Junie

 
At 8:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to think you have died and gone to heaven. I love the speed and I can't even imagine going back to dial-up.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Maria,

:) It sounds better and better!

Junie

 
At 1:04 AM , Blogger Mr Moonlight said...

HAY!

Congrats on the high-speed launching :) There's a whole lotta good stuff out there for the taking without waiting hours for it to download .... figure about 1/2 a minute now :)

Enjoy!

MM

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks
MM,

:) I am excited about all the music stuff I will be able to view now!

SOON! Very soon!

Juniper

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home