Junie's Place: Thinking of Dan Fogelberg -8-15-06

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thinking of Dan Fogelberg -8-15-06



Today has been a kind of sad day for me - and unproductive,
to the max!

Last night I got to thinking of Dan Fogelberg's battle with cancer and it brought me down.
I have not checked his site in awhile but I haven't heard any news- good or bad- since last August.
It was reported at that time that he had favorable results, after having gone through treatment for Prostate Cancer!

Dan Fogelberg's birthday was Aug.13th. He was born in 1951.

Dan has brought to us so many beautiful songs since the early 70s- IMO-
he's the very best of the soft rock sound!

I have seen him in concert almost a doz. times... My fondest hope is to see him perform again someday soon!

This is one of my favorite early DAN albums!

-Some great songs here-


Junie

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3:47 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I like Dan Fogelberg's music too. I didn't know he was sick. I hope he's still hanging in there.

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This is a site with a lot of good 'DF' stuff on it. And there are many others, too.

There hasn't been any news released since last year around this time, that I know of. :(



http://www.thelivinglegacy.net/News.html

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I didn't know he was ill. How very sad. I hope he recovers fully.

I scrolled down a bit. The art horses are so neat!!
No more "Ho, Ho, Ho!" from your hubby. He got rid of the beard. From scruffy to smooooooth.

I will have a new post up tomorrow, Wed.
I have enjoyed my blog break and vacation with family, but it is nice to be back visiting my blog buddies.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Jamie Dawn,

It's sooo good to see you back! You've been missed! I know you will have a lot of fun things to share!

Yes, about Dan... it was announced 2 years ago he has prostate cancer! ...and a year ago he put a personal message to fans on Living Legacy, saying his treatment was finished- but he had no immediate plans...
Since then I have heard nothing else!
It's very sad.

...and - yep- no more Santa beard for Charles :(

Junie Rose

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

What a shame. I do hope he's doing well. He was one of my top faves to listen to in the "day". Loved "Leader Of the Band" :)

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carolyn,

I sure hope so too! He's been my favorite since the early 70s when he first started out!

I found some video clips on YouTube of a few of Dan's songs...:( ... with my slow dial-up, tho, I haven't been able to view them yet!
(hope to get switched over soon to broadband!!)


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home