Junie's Place: Music & Garden Critters

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Music & Garden Critters



Today was my shopping day!

This is some of the frivolous stuff I got! :)
Hey! I have to have a little fun along the way! :)

When I go to Wal-Mart I like to do the grand tour...that is -take in every inch of the store!
I stop first in pharmacy for a blood pressure check! (It was perfect!) then on for my pet supplies- then on to the garden shop.
I looked at all the plants but decided not to buy any...realizing the work involved once I got them home! Too dang hot this summer for gardening!
However- I found these little critters- and as luck would have it they were marked down half price-only$7.00 each!
They will look cute anywhere but most likely, will stay on my back porch, among my plants there! Too much work in making a spot in the garden- TOO HOT!!

And for my music I got this:




I have never had any Led Zeppelin before!

All I can say right now is- it's LOUD! :) I'll have to do a more thorough listen later- when I can look up the lyrics....so I know what the heck they are singing about! I've just been playing it as I put my groceries away!

'Stairway to Heaven' of course, is good!


~~~~~~

Our grandson, Brian, came by just as I was about to leave for shopping. I couldn't stay to visit with him but he and his granddad had lunch together!

( I had a pretty Yucky McDonald's lunch in Wal-Mart )

~~~~~~

OHH-Yes!

Last night I was back with my WHO music! Nothing better for Loud Rock n Roll!

( so why am I experimenting with Led Zep?? ) :)


Junie

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 7:05 PM , Blogger Susie said...

You got such a deal on your garden critters. Those are one of my weaknesses and my garden is filled with all different types...

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger TJ said...

I always like to take the grand tour of Walmart too...this evening we went to Target instead...Hubby following me around looking at his watch...argggggg...I've been on the look-out for garden decor marked down...it is getting to be that time of year...the garden charm in my blog today was marked down at Krogers of all places!
:-D

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sue,

Last year about this time I found some garden bunnies. :) I bought some extra ones for gifts! I'll probably go back for some more of these guys too!

I love little garden figures too...but this summer I have not felt up to much gardening so these guys may just live on my porch for awhile!

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hey Tammy,

...so it seems a lot of us girls are into garden figures! :) It always thrills me to find these kind of things!

BTW- don't think I posted at your place today! That shopping trip left me plum wore out- if you know what I mean! ;)
....but I will catch up!

Junie

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

I'm not quite as bad to do the total tour at Wal-Mart as I am at Lowe's - I have to drool over their tools. ec

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

haha-

My husband does that too!

But he does not like to go to Wal-Mart...especially if I have a lot of shopping to do!

June

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Love your little turtles.
Lovely photos of Alli, especially the
one with the black hood. She looks so cute. I really like the elephant story with the surprise ending.
Thanks for your comments about the
Doughboy. It was quite clever.
Take care, Hugs, Merle.

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Merle,

I wish I felt more up to doing some gardening - but this summer has been a hard one....so I guess those little garden guys will just live on my porch for awhile.

Yep- Alli is a cutie! Thanks!

I always enjoy the things you post! You amaze me by finding so much uplifting and funny material to post!

 
At 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on, Junie! I love Led Zepplin! And yeah, some of it is pretty loud. I've always loved stairway to heaven.

 
At 9:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Beth,

Oh,yah!!

I'm enjoying all my Rock N Roll! :)

Never too old to try new things! ;)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home