Junie's Place: Thoughts of Autumn!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Thoughts of Autumn!

Miz Tammy, with her last couple posts, has me thinking a lot of Autumn and Halloween.

Visit Ky Gal Tammy here:

http://kentucky-gal.blogspot.com/


I'm thinking of pumpkins - leaves falling - cooler weather...all that good, cool stuff that I look forward to every year!
(And that passes all too quickly!)
So, throughout Oct and onward I will be posting about fall things of past years! SOOO many good memories of my kids and grands!

Hey- you live a long time there's bound to be a lot of good memories stored up...(And have you noticed that with passing time it's the GOOD memories that stay with you? Isn't that grand! ;)

~~~~

~A song of Autumn!~

This is a song I LOVE by Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues!

Moody Blues is a group I have grown to love over the past couple of years- thanks to some friends from a music forum I have been involved in !

This is a beautiful and sad song!



Forever Autumn

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old,
and darker days are drawing near,
the winter winds will be much colder,
now you're not here.
I watch the birds fly south across the autumn sky
and one by one they disappear
I wish that I was flying with them,
now you're not here

like the sun through the trees you came to love me
like a leaf on a breeze you blew away

through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
you always loved this time of year
loose fallen leaves lie undisturbed now
cos you're not here x 3

like the sun through the trees you came to love me
like a leaf on a breeze you blew away

a gentle rain falls softly on my weary eyes
as if to hide a lonely tear
my life will be forever autumn
cos you're not here x 6


BTW-I found some good Moody Blues vids on YouTube! (Tho, not this song :( )




Junie

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:20 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your fall memories Junie!
:-)

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thank you, Sue!

Stay tuned!

LOL


Junie

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Well...I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in the fall mood, Junie!!
I'm just feeling so much better health~wise, you just can't help but enjoy life when you feel as good as I do!!
:-D

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) That's just wonderful news, Tammy!

Junie

 
At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wrote: BTW-I found some good Moody Blues vids on YouTube! (Tho, not this song :(

Here is a video of Forever Autumn
by Justin Hayward on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOHiOWxd0V0

enjoy,
Joyce aka MoodiesFan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home