Junie's Place: A Good day!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Good day!




Our day turned out to be a real success and a great family time for us all.( Everyone was here except Marc, my SIL-He's a truck driver and couldn't make it home! :( We missed you, Marc. )
Our turkey was ready about 2:00 and we managed to bring it all together by about 2:30.

In spite of all my misgivings about the banana pudding everyone said it was the best ever!! Yes- I have to say -it sure looked pretty!

Here's that big ole turkey! (19 + pounds) ...You should have heard me grumbling during the stuffing and cooking of this big guy! Once again I said, "I will NEVER cook a turkey this big again!" ....and..."This is the last time I'm doing a big holiday meal like this!" ( I've said this before, of course!) :)
But then I realize it's all worth it when the turkey comes out of the overn looking like this!




~~I forgot to take pics of my Harvest Loaf and my Cranberry Salad~~

We had to serve buffet style, with so much food and so many of us! Here is a pic of some of the family at the serving table.
My daughters and 2 of my Grands-Zach and Alli.












The Grandkids:
Zach-Dan-Brian and Alli.






















One of the best parts of the day is the chit-chat after dinner-and lingering with dessert and coffee!
These photos are of the rest of us!

My son, Chris, my daughter Tammy and her son Zach-and Tammy and her husband, Terry, Daughter Tina and her daughter, Alli.-Charles and me.






I'm thankful for my family.

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger Granny said...

Beautiful bird. Mine was 19 plus lbs too. Loads of leftovers.

Buffet is the only way to so far as I'm concerned.

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ann,

;0 Every year I think," MAYBE this time we will use the good china and set a fancy table!" But in the end it always seems too much a hassel to do that. At any rate, my one table wouldn't hold us all anyway! Doesn't matter. We enjoy the time together and the good food! I ate too much of the high carbs and have had a headache all day today.

I have one big pk of left over turkey I'm saving for my son in law. He's a truck driver and couldn't get home!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home