Junie's Place: Today-beautiful! Poem: Each Day

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Today-beautiful! Poem: Each Day

Today is a beautiful day, with all washed fresh and clean by yesterday's rain!


This is a poem about that 'brand new clean slate' that we have each day!
I have posted this before but can't find it to link it- so here it is again!

This sparkling day reminded me of the poem.
It fits my mood.


~~~~~~




Each Day


Each day we are given
a brand new, clean, slate…
new ways to recover
what we might have squandered.
A new span of time
to recapture lost ground,
and, perhaps, to find answers
to questions we’ve pondered.

We’re given a chance
to reverse bad decisions…
to change our direction
when finding we’re lost.
A chance to take stock
of the things most important,
and to balance our follies
against the high cost.

Take each new day
to find your direction.
Examine the things
that have led you astray.
Resolve to do better,
to do what’s expected…
to know there is always
a price you must pay.

We always must pay
for each wayward turning.
Sometimes we‘re astounded
when learning the cost.
Those things we encounter-
so tempting - enticing-
in the end, may not equal
the things we have lost!


June Kellum
2005

6 Comments:

At 11:44 AM , Blogger TJ said...

I'm living one day at a time myself...lol!
Loved your poem!
:-D

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Tammy,

Thanks for reading my poem. I'm glad you liked it.

Take care,

Junie

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

This is lovely Junie...I can relate so well to it. Thanks.

 
At 11:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for reading my poems.

Junie

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi Jne ~ A lovely poem again, always so easy to read and understand - thanks.
Thank you also for your comments. It is a pity more teacers didn't try that idea
in the story. The Twist was funny.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for reading my poems, Merle.
I'm happy you like them.

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home