Junie's Place: Happy Birthday Allison!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Allison!

Sixteen years ago, late on Christmas Day, my daughter went in the hospital to have her baby girl, Alli. Tina had been in labor for hours (without telling anyone) but was determined to get through Christmas day.

Ma-Ma was in the hospital with her original fight with cancer; had been in for about a month. We all-including Tina- went down to see Mom and bring her some presents- and some of our cornbread stuffing-and some chocolate covered cherries that she , so, loved!

At this time Tina told us she was ready to have the baby. I stayed with Tina (and Marc) in the delivery room. Alli came a few hours later, (about 4:AM) just missing being a Christmas Baby by a few hours!

Our "Ma-Ma"( being in the hospital) was able to see the new Great granddaughter when she was just a few hours old! ;) As you might imagine, Alli and Ma-Ma were always very close and were together almost every day until Alli was 12 years old!

~~~With Allison almost being a Christmas baby, I wanted Tina to name her Noel - LOL- 'Merry Noel'- to be exact...but she didn't! She liked Allison Brooke~~~


This is our Christmas Baby - who is 'Sweet Sixteen' today!





Here is Alli this Christmas!





Happy Birthday, Sweet Allison!

Love Always,

Ginga

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ginga! I love you! =]

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

We all love you, Alli!

Ginga

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter, she is a beauty!!
:-D

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Tammy!

Yes she is- and a sweetie, too!

Junie

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Pass along our Birthday wishes to Alli as well. Good story too about how she got here. ec

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,ec,

:) I'll let Alli know there are birthday wishes for her here!

...but don't you think 'Merry Noel' would have been a fine name!! :)

I still like it! LOL- but I got over ruled by the mom! haha

Junie

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

My newest Grandaughter is also named Alli. (different spelling)
They're both cute. Happy Birthday.
I read down thru the Christmas blogs you have written and have decided to come to your house next year for Christmas

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for visiting me here-and Yes- do drop in on us next Christmas! :)
We usually have a Merry time around here.

(the thing with Charles and me-if one of us is 'down' the other is 'up' enough to carry on the tradition!
(Goes with being married for over 45 years I guess!)

...so you have a little Alli too?(Aly?)
Aren't we lucky!! ;)

Junie

 
At 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes. =]
I had a great birthday, I went out to dinner with my mom, cousin, and a friend of mine that I've known for almost 13 years now. It was fun, nothing big, because the trip to New York City a couple weeks ago was my big birthday thing.
=]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home