Junie's Place: Everly Brothers (post #2 of today)

Monday, January 08, 2007

Everly Brothers (post #2 of today)

HEY!

Tonight I have been listening to this CD I bought for myself today! ... I guess I was just thinking of the past and it caught my eye-so I bought it! It has been very nice listening, tonight!

Were they just a tiny bit before ELVIS? Maybe...I need to read up on the history of both Everlys AND Elvis!



A few weeks back I had some chats about The Everly Brothers, with a music friend! We found several Videos on YouTube! That really took me back in time!! :) Was fun!


*******************

Other 'breaking news' at Ginga's house tonight~ my guys are happy with that game they're watching~ judging by the sounds I hear coming from the den!
~~~~College Football~~~~
Yep- it's just been reported to me that our Gators are leading at the half- time-34-14~over Ohio State! Yahoo!! ( CROSSING MY FINGERS) Hope they can pull this off!

********************

One more 'music note!' (haha)

When I started out to shop today I picked up my new Laurence Juber CD, which I got just recently, to take with me to play in the car. I love this more and more, each time I play it! This guy is just terriffic! He's truly a great guitarist- a 'Sweet Music Man!' This will be one CD I will play often for a long time to come! I can't imagine ever getting tired of hearing those Beatles tunes done by LJ...just his guitar...no singing necessary! ;) now- that is true talent!

(thanks to my music buddies who let me know about LJ's guitar music)



LOL!

~~~And that about covers it for tonight!~~~


JUNIE


~~ooops! One more thing!~~



Football Update!!!!

~The NCAA Football National Championship Game~

final

GATORS ~41 - Ohio State~14


( Needless to say- my guys are happy and ~ ME TOO! )





Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:27 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've always loved the Everly Brothers and I remember buying the singles "Bye Bye Love" and "Wake Up Little Susie"...sure can't sit still while listening to those songs!! A couple of years ago I went to a tribute concert and one of the acts were these two guys doing impersonations of the Everly Brothers...brilliant and everyone was rocking in their chairs:-) Hugs xoxo

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh yes!
The Everly Bros.played an important part in the development of Rock n Roll!


;) and they were 'CUTE' too!

Junie

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Granny said...

I think I remember the Everly Bros. a little before Elvis took off but I could be wrong. It's been a while.

And now I won't be happy until I've checked.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

My husband said they were a little AFTER Elvis...but I didn't check it out!

Oh well- they were all in the early beginnings of Rock N Roll.

Junie

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Granny said...

Told you I'm obsessive. It was almost a draw. If you count when they were nationally know rather than their first recordings, it was Elvis with That's All Right Mama in 1955 and Everly Bros. 1956 with Bye Bye Love.

Depends on when you start counting famous. Hound Dog was a little later.

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Thanks Ann, for doing that work for me!

I new it was close!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home