Junie's Place: Snowy Boone Encounter - Oct. 2006

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Snowy Boone Encounter - Oct. 2006

We arrived in Boone late in the afternoon on Monday. After two full days of 'Leaf Looking' and winding, mountain roads, we were a bit frazzled and needing some rest.

We chose badly - on the motel - for purely sentimental reasons. We had stayed at this particular place in our last trip to Boone so were drawn to it again. Sadly, it had become very rundown since we were there several years ago. Nevertheless, we kept the room; the beds were comfortable and clean and the shower was hot- the two main things for us! (PLUS-the price was $49.00-a big + for my husband! :) ...never mind the the small pieces of dry dog food in the corner, there! )

Snow had been predicted and, indeed, tiny white flakes were floating around when we ventured out for dinner. These snowflakes reminded me of some sort of little white flies, flitting around!

This snowfall was something new for this Florida girl! We had seen snow on the ground in north California 20+ years ago, but I don't remember ever actually seeing it snow! ( I'm sure in my early childhood in Alabama I had seen it- but that's lost to me now!) Surfice to say-it was an interesting experience for us both-having the snow! It seemed to have been put in the plan just for our pleasure-this early snowfall!

Early the next morning this is what we found...a small accumulation of the white stuff on our car and more of the little white flakes falling! We went for a Bojangles Chicken Biscuit and coffee and watched it fall in ever increasing swirls! This - a very festive and wintery scene!

Here is Charlie being silly-making a snowball!




~~~~

I wanted to get a little more in harmony with the snowy scene so decided I needed to go shop for a hat and mittens- to make my pictures more festive! Besides - the cold weather conditions were doing weird things to my hair and a hat would cover it! In Florida my hair is naturally wavy and managable; here it was dry and fly away! ...LOL- I guess suitable for the Halloween season-on reflection now! However-with the snowy conditions I was thinking more of the Christmas season! A fluffy red hat would be just the thing! I found just the hat at Wal-Mart!

...so- back to the motel and we're off for more adventures...

My cute hat and witchy hair...



~~~My hair was in for even worse times... so was the hat!~~~


...more later...


Junie

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM , Blogger Susie said...

How fun you got to see snow. (and nice that there wasn't so much to ruin your trip!)
Love the hat and it will carry you well to Christmas!

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks Sue,

...but there's more!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home