Junie's Place: My Day-3-27-07

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Day-3-27-07



Today turned out to be as beautiful as it promised to be in the early morning!

I did manage to get out with my camera and take a few pictures. It was a glorious, blue sky, day.

My little meadow is bloomed out, full, now! This is the #1 thing that won my heart for this area, more than 30 years ago! We visited here one spring, and the wild phlox won me over!
Of course there were other things, also, that I loved about this place~ but the wildflowers growing along every roadside and meadow gave it the look of a wonderland to me! I still get the same thrill~ seeing the wildflowers every spring~ even after living here for almost 19 years! What could be prettier?

~~~

OK- Some other notable things of today...


Charles discovered the Blue Birds have built a nest in a bird house we have set up at the edge of my wildflower meadow! I am so thrilled with this news! You see - this is the first year we have seen the Eastern Blue Birds around our place, in all the years we've been here! I will have to keep a watch out my dining rm. window to try and see them! Wow! Maybe even get a picture of them!

~~~

Charles cleaned out our small fish pond today and got a pump working in it again. He built this a few years ago with flat river rocks he bought and hauled from Georgia! It's small but quite charming when it's working properly with the water circulating and then falling down the stacked rocks, creating a waterfall! We had neglected it in recent months and were not sure of the number of fish still there!(if any!) Surprisingly, there were quite a few- maybe a dozen fish.
.. AND then there was this guy!
He introduced himself as 'Jeremiah!' ;)







~~~


SO here am I at 10:45... I should be sleeping, as we will have to get a really early start for the trip tomorrow!

Well, you know me and my sleep habits anyway...so it's never early to bed for me-no matter what's in the plan for the next day. Besides~I put my hair up in curlers after I shampooed it and have to let it dry or it will be a mess for sure!

LOL! I can nap on the way! Charles will like that, ehh? NOT!

~~~

OK~ since I know you're all wondering~ No, I haven't completely come down from my WHO high! I viewed several WHO - Youtube Vids today! I can't get over how good they were and still are!
I'm so glad I got to see them!!

THE END! :)

~~~

See you all in a couple of days!


Love,
Junie

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:24 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Lovely flowers!
Spring is in the air!!
:-D
PS...I have a new blog address...just click on my name above...

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

I've always enjoyed wild flowers and was able to view many back before I retired as I travelled over a wide area. The ones planted on some interstates are really great. ec

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Beautiful flowers Junie. Love Jeremiah the Bullfrog!
((hugs))

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Susie

Tammy

and Mreddie

for sharing in my love and appreciation of our wildflowers!

Junie

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh what a beautiful meadow...makes you want to just go sit right in the middle of it all:-) Sometimes it's the wildflowers that are more stunning than regular flowers! Jeremiah certainly is a big guy isn't he! lol You do realize now I have that song Joy To The World (Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog) in my mind? lol xox

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- YES!!! In fact I have a picture from lasyt year sitting among my beloved wildflowers!

Yep! Jeremiah is a big old guy! I hope he hangs around!

Lol- that song was stuck in my head too, after seeing that frog!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home