Junie's Place: Our trip home.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Our trip home.

Our trip home on Thursday was very nice.
The road took us along the gulf coast and through several small towns-all very charming to see.
We saw a lot of construction of beach houses and hotels,
especially in the Port Saint Joe area.
This area of our coast was hard hit by hurricanes in the past couple years
but it's quickly getting back to normal!


We liked riding through these small towns
and I wished I could stay for awhile
and walk along the water's edge...but it wasn't on our agenda!


But...I did see this!
And what a wonderful sight!
Don't you agree?
This was in the area of Carabella.
We pulled off the road and just sat for a little while
to take in the beauty of this sunrise!










































This is a map of the area we traveled.
The road was along the water's edge for a long way and as you see, it was winding . I was amazed to get the sunrise over the water but at that point we were facing east- or southeast!
I had expected to get a sunset over the gulf!
Instead I got the sunrise!




~~~

Tomorrow~ The Suwanee River~ and more wildflowers!

~~~

Today looks like rain but I have to get out to do some shopping!

See you later!


Love,

Junie

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:38 AM , Blogger someone else said...

Beautiful!! Those pictures remind me of the sunrise we watched when vacationing in New Hampshire one year. The sun coming up over the lake took our breath away (as did the cold morning air!).

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Nothing more special than a sunrise!

Junie

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Love your sunrise photos Junie! I never tire of this type of pic :)

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, these pictures leave me breathless, they are awesome!! Having the trees as silhouettes against the sun is perfect!!!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend, I'm off to the Sugar Bush:-) xox

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Susie
and
Pea

I love these photos, too!

Hope you both have a great weekend-

See you again soon.


Love,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home