Junie's Place: Guess Who

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Guess Who

Late last night I got into a 'listen' of 'The Guess Who.' Recently I received some Cds from my friend (Yes-Bonnie in Reno! :) ) I liked the music a lot!

My chat/listen of late last night led to some Youtube vids of this band!
This is one of them!
Check it out for some good , early, Rock N Roll!

**I LOVE the sound of this song!**

This band originated in the late 60s-early 70s. They still tour but not with all of the original members.


Lyrics of this song:



(Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings)

(No time left for you) On my way to better things
(No time left for you) I found myself some wings
(No time left for you) Distant roads are callin' me
(No time left for you) Da-un-da-un-da-un-da-un-da

No time for a summer friend
No time for the love you send
Seasons change and so did I
You need not wonder why
You need not wonder why
There's no time left for you
No time left for you

(No time left for you) On my way to better things
(No time left for you) I found myself some wings
(No time left for you) Distant roads are callin' me
(No time left for you) Day-un-day-un-day-un-day-un-day

No time for a gentle rain
No time for my watch and chain
No time for revolving doors
No time for the killin' floor
No time for the killin' floor
There's no time left for you
No time left for you

No time for a summer friend
No time for the love you send
Seasons change and so did I
You need not wonder why
You need not wonder why
There's no time left for you
No time left for you

No time, no time, no time, no

~~~

I'm told there is not a whole lot to explore with 'The Guess Who.' I'm wondering, "Why not?" What I've heard sounds great ! Apparently, they had just a few hits in America, (compared to other bands of that time) but had far greater success in their home-land of Canada!

~~~Lol-OK - then it will be a 'short study' for me (this Guess Who adventure) - but enjoyable, I think!~~~

~~~

( a quick view of my garden flowers today )











































Love,

Junie Rose

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At 8:53 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

The Guess Who are indeed one of Canada's most famous bands and they are still quite popular to this day:-) Two summers ago I was lucky enough to go see Randy Bachman in person and so enjoyed all his stories of how some of their famous songs came about! Great music for all ages:-) xoxo

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

During the time of this music (as all the other popular bands of the 60s-70s) I pretty much missed all of it! I was busy being a young mom of 3 babies so didn't get into music a lot in those days! The Guess Who...I am just now getting to know! :) I sure like the sound of their early music! Cool that you got to see them perform recently. I know that had to be fun!

Junie

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Dear Mrs. Claus,

I've never heard of The Guess Who. I live a very sheltered, hick life and do not get exposed to much.
Tell Mr. Claus that I'd like an early Christmas present.
He can send it by express reindeer. I'd like a million dollars cash. Thanks.

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear JD,

The Guess Who were before your time-so maybe it's not just your sheltered hick life that is the problem! :) I had heard of them but didn't know one band from another back in those early days! Anyway, I like their sound ( the old vids I've found) Also- they still tour- tho not all original- and from what I have heard- still sound good!

:) I have passed on yer message to Mr.Claus. We'll have to wait and see how that goes. Might depend on how naughty or nice you've been. ;)

Mrs.JunieRose Claus

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

dropping by quickly, but I'll have to come back to check out the music.....love your flowers in your yard.....I could almost smell them.......

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Love the deep purple ones (I don't know what they are!) I'm off now to check out your music.

 
At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes 'No time' I loved it then and after hearing it on your post I still love it --Going to rush over to my wish list and add them on.

The flowers are lovely Junie. I may have to find a couple of rose bushes to add that color to my yard!

Thanks for the musical memory!

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

My gosh...those flowers are so gorgeous. You are surrounded by beauty Junie...

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

Thanks! I love my flowers- just wish I had more energy to keep up with the work!

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Judy,

Thanks for coming by and hope you will come back!

Junie

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Janet,

Thanks for stopping by. The purple flower is a Clemintas (sp?) It's the only one I have but they come in several colors. I like that deep purple!

Roses, of course, are my favorite flower!

Junie

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Momma,

Happy this song brought back good memories for you! It's a good song!
During the 60s-70s I paid little attention to the music of the time-so The Guess Who is just one more group I'm enjoying getting into now! THEY were really good!

Roses are my all time favorite flower and , tho they can be hard to grow in Fl. I won't give up o them! They require almost daily attention here to do really well- but they are worth it!

Junie

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Oh my, oh my.....love the flower photos!! Is that a clematis? What a beautiful, vivid color!!!

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Anni,

Yes, that is a Clematis! I love that deep purple, too!

Thanks for looking!

Junie

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Oh Junie You got me again With these beautiful Roses, Not sure about the Music,

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jan,

:) glad you like my roses...

ahh- but you don't like Guess Who!! :)

I especially like that song I posted...It's sooo 70s-ish!! :)


Junie

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Poor Jamie,
She doesn't know who the "Guess Who" are--musically deprived childhood I say.LOL. Saw them a few year back, sound just as they did in their hayday

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Doug,

:) Yah!
Well, I like them a lot! But I have to admit I didn't know a lot about them. (I missed a lot of music in the 70s)

Youtube is so neat for checking out music you want to know more about -or just to refresh your memory!

I'm having fun with my music these days!

Thanks for coming by, Doug.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home