Junie's Place: Our Saturday & my Friday night music listen!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Our Saturday & my Friday night music listen!



Today is very hot here in our sunshine state! Just checked the back porch and it's 93 degrees! This is the kind of heat that just zaps your energy!
(If you happen to have any to start with!) These days I don't have an over-abundance of energy, even under the best of conditions!

...We needed to shop... as we will have the family here tomorrow for a Father's Day celebration. Some can't make it next week so we decided to have it a week early! That'll work! Only prob is I haven't had a chance to shop for Charlie!
He'll just have to wait on my gift! Sorry, Charlie!

This was one of those unexpected plans...spur of the moment... lol- or as I have heard some say... a " spurt of the moment" plan!



I was glad C. could help me shop today. Shopping has become a real pain, with Wal-Mart in the process of being re-modeled and enlarged! Hope it's completed soon!

....Sooo...got a big baked ham for tomorrow-and I will make some potato salad and cole slaw...maybe a green bean casserole. (Maybe some chicken salad too-I like choices!!)
Will probably do these things tonight!

I'm happy to be seeing all the kids again!

~~~

On the way home we stopped at a yard sale! I bought a couple cute things! Well - I like them, anyway! Charles thought they were too much...$5.00 for both of them.

The little figurine is a salt shaker! No markings on it but she looks old!

The little candy dish says bone china-England-and the name 'Paragon' - Golden Emblem.
I love the rose design and it will go well with my 'Old Country Roses' china .



















~~~

I was up, way late, with my WHO music last night! This picture shows some of my WHO collection -but not all!

My music choice last night was the concert of 2003,
Holmdel, NJ.
This was a superb performance, and one I like to listen to, over and over.

'The Who'...best Rock n Roll band,
ever! ;)


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:27 PM , Blogger someone else said...

I love your yard sale finds. I have some tea cup/saucer sets that are Paragon and their style is very pretty.

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

MG,

Thanks for coming by.

:) The roses always get my attention!


June

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Well, of course you had to get those sweet items at the yard sale...I went to a few this morning but didn't see anything I couldn't do without!
:)

 
At 5:25 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I hope you all have a wonderful time together and the meal
sounds delicious. I love a lot os salads to choose from. Do you play your music while you make them?
Thanks for your comments, June and I am glad you liked the jokes.
Take care, have fun, Love, Merle.

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EB,

Thanks for coming!

I usually find something I want.

Junie

 
At 7:20 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Yes, am looking forward to the kids coming today! Am up bright and early to get everything ready!

June

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Who are you - Who who who who??

You got a couple of nice things. The rose dish is beautiful.

Enjoy an early Father's Day celebration with your family!! Charles won't mind getting his present later. After all, you have a whole week until it's REALLY Father's Day.

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jamie Dawn,

Yes- I'll think of something for Charlie!

Hope your week end has been good.

Junie

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi junie,
love your find at the yard sale love the dish with the rose design.

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I can't resist anything with a rose design! :)


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home