Junie's Place: This day-June8, 2007

Friday, June 08, 2007

This day-June8, 2007






Our company (my sis and BIL ) left yesterday afternoon. They were just here one night and the most part of 2 days but we had a nice visit. Also our older sister and husband who live in Winter Haven stopped by for awhile. They were returning home from a trip to NC. It was good to see everyone.

Last night I was very tired and so we snacked for our dinner. I didn't cook at all so we all had to forage for our own dinners around here! I ended up having a bowl of cereal. lol-about 9:00 PM Charles asked me..."what's for dinner?" Apparently, he had not got the word that I was not cooking. ...I had taken a nap in my desk chair, with my feet up...slept at least an hour! Perhaps I had just dreamed that I announced there would be no dinner... ;) anyway-he survived with a bologna sandwich! And my son found a can of Ravioli- which he loves, anyway!!

Sometimes...I find it a bit strange that it's just assumed there will always be a dinner on the table- no matter what else has been going on around here...Sometimes...I just don't feel like cooking at all! ...Sometimes I just don't!

Lol- Not to worry! I have a plan for tonight. It will be Hot Wings!


~~~

I am still not resting well on that soft mattress we have! Hate it! I never get a restful sleep!
I think next week I will shop for a half-size mattress set and put it up beside the big bed! Charles and I can do the 'Lucy and Dezi' thingie!

Really! I'm desperate for a good night's sleep! The Melatonin, which I have been taking for awhile, helps me get right to sleep- but I do not rest well! I feel I am smothering in that soft bed!

~~~

I did manage to do a little garden work today...Did a little planting, weeding, clipping and watering- but still have some roses to plant. It's already getting very hot here -past 90 today-
so I can't do a lot at one time! Our recent rain has helped our plants to grow- but also has helped the weeds!!

Some pics from my back yard today...

:) and I saw no snakes today!




Love,
Junie

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:14 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I knew a couple that did the "Desi/Lucy" thing with the beds and were quite happy!
:)

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh those roses! You're killing me Junie....they are gorgeous.

So you had a snakeless day huh? That's how I like ALL of my days.

 
At 2:55 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I'm with Joy about the snakes. Glad you had a nice visit with family, but it is tiring.Love
the roses you posted.

Thanks for your comment and I am glad you liked the Erica Jong quote, so did I !! Thake care, Love, Merle.

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Skye said...

I HEAR YOU about the dinners, Junie!!! :)
And I think it will be great if you go for it and buy yourself a little bed that's comfortable for you. I bet it will help a lot with your sleeping!

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I pull the same crap with Marilyn about dinner. Don't worry, he heard you the first time.
About sleep. One word. Select-comfort. You really can get what you want from a rock to so soft you hit the beds frame with your hips.

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, Im glad there were no more snakes today.Oh I love that yellow rose its just beautiful.
Take care buy that new bed so you can get a good nights rest.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EB,

Desi and lucy seemed happy! :)

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,Merle, Skye, Cliff, Jeanette,


Thanks for visiting .

Happy you all enjoy my garden pictures!

LOL- and-OK-no more snake stories for awhile, girls...(I hope!)

Thanks, too, for the advice on my sleep problems! It'll work out!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home