Junie's Place: Rainy day (and some poems)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rainy day (and some poems)

Today is a rainy and gloomy day and as much as we still need the rain, these kinds of days bring me down!

I had thought I would go shopping but have decided I don't want to take a chance of getting caught out in a rain storm...or to have a big bill of groceries to contend with on this kind of day!

I guess I will just hang out here at home! Heaven knows there's enough to keep me busy...for instance that sink full of dinner dishes from last night- OR that overflowing laundry room...

...So don't expect anything too exciting to come from 'Junie's Place' today! :)

~~~

These kinds of days have inspired me in the past in my poems- so- who knows what may come today! :)

~~~


The Rain


The rain came down today,
littering blossoms on the ground.
Leaving all in disarray.
Spring’s glory scattered!
…As my love’s been beaten down,
with consistent disregard
- impersonal as the rain-
as if it never mattered.


June Kellum
2004


~~~


The Sky Today


The sky, today,
is dark with clouds.
The sun is hidden well.
And though
I have the heat turned up,
the chill
I can’t dispel!
The gloomy day
has taken hold-
seems settled in to stay.
All things of cheer-
all sunny thoughts-
have all
been chased away!
…But is it just the
sunless day
that chills me to the core?
…Or fear that I have lost you -
will not see you anymore?


June Kellum
2004

~~~


Raindrops


Raindrops fall, relentlessly!
The color in the day,
has vanished so completely-
been taken, clear, away.

Just one name I’ll give it.
Drab describes it well.
The day is wrapped in sorrow,
a dismal shade of pale.

Raindrops on the window
make ripples in my view;
distorting all I’m seeing-
cast in this faded hue.

The world outside seems burdened,
bent down with all the rain;
the way my heart is heavy
and drowning with the pain.


June Kellum

June 25, 2006

~~~


K-

There you have all my rainy day poems!

Not to worry, friends!
I realize into every life a little rain must fall!


Love,

Junie Rose ;)









Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:05 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
I'm sending some nice California sunshiney wishes your way to brighten your day.
xo

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Susie,

Thanks! :)

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger TO BECOME said...

I am going to pray for the sunshine to return, the poems were just too sad. I am sending you a big smile and a hug. connie from Texas

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Connie,

I'm sorry if my poems make you sad! They are not recent ones, as yu see by the dates.

:)- It isn't really that bad-this rainy day!

Thanks!!

(Hugs to you)

Junie

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I liked all the poems and your roses are always lovely.
Thanks for your comments and get well wishes. I'll be fine in a day or so.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home