Junie's Place: Butterfly Poem

Friday, August 31, 2007

Butterfly Poem


Butterfly

On my walk today,
I saw a butterfly.
Delicate and free,
I watched it flutter by!
Flitting here and there,
to sample Nature’s best.
Constantly in motion-
determined in it’s quest
to find the sweetest nectar;
though it didn’t linger long.
Elusive, this must be,
for it paused for just a moment,
then was gone.

Like a butterfly,
my thoughts flit here and there.
…returning always, to the sweetest nectar-
memories of you .

June Kellum
Feb. 2004

Copyright ©2004 June Kellum


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so enjoy reading your poetry dear Junie...you have such a gift for it! Such a beautiful picture of the butterfly also!! There were quite a few flying around yesterday when we were having lunch outside...I love watching them:-) xox

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Pea! I'm happy you enjoy the poems :) This is a recycled one! They are not coming so easily to me these days, for some reason!

...and butterflies are among my favorite things so I like getting pictures of them!


Hugs))

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home