Junie's Place: The Real Me

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Real Me





Can you see the real me? Can you - can you?


Hint:

I am on the front or middle row! hahaha!
And please don't mistake me for that prissy old teacher! :) Can't remember her name...I keep thinking ..."Mrs.Smith?"...Oh well...I DO remember I didn't like her much.
( I was new to the school- very shy -very poor - very insecure . Not a happy little school girl in those days.)

This was 5th. grade - 1952
The girl I am sitting next to became my very best friend for the next few years. Her name was Annie! SO-things got better for me.

Oh! Where have all those girls and boys gone! I remember almost all the names but have kept in touch with just a few!

I heard Annie passed away last year and it made me very sad because we hadn't kept in touch!

Well, this is sad and I wonder what brought me down this road tonight. Sometimes the past has a way of bringing me down...

~~~

Anyway... can you pick me out of the group- using the hints I just gave you?



~~~


My Secret Self


No one knows my secret self.
No one sees within my heart.
The public me is on display.
The secret me, I keep apart.

The public me may wear a smile,
and none can see she’s in disguise.
The secret me may bare her soul,
though no one sees her when she cries.


Original written in 70s
Revised and shortened July, 2003

June Kellum




Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 7:27 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Howdy Junie! Okay, I'm first to guess....and my guess is the blond that is turned to the side a bit!!
middle row, fourth from the teacher!
Now, am I right? Huh, huh, huh?

That's a sweet class photo. I have one of my confirmation class still in my possession, but only single photos of school. I really enjoyed this.

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Well shoot!! Now I re-read the whole blog post and you're talking about sitting?!!! Okay, my guess is wrong.

2nd try: 3rd from the left, front row. Geez.

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Skye said...

That's easy, Junie! You are 4th from the left in the front row!

You've posted enough Junie pics in your blog that I've got you memorized! :)

I have a class picture like that too... maybe I will post it in my blog and see who can spot me!

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger someone else said...

How about the second from the end on the right of the front row. She has such a cute smile, I can imagine it might have been you.

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Front row...4th from the left...that HAS to be you!!! Every time I look at old class pictures like that, I always wonder what all those people are doing now, if they're alive or gone, if they have/had happy lives, etc. xox

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I pick you as fourth from the left front row...
:)

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I think 3rd over from the right in 1st row-- OR, 4th over from left in 1st row (in sailor dress).

 
At 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi junie rose -- i'd have to go with the fourth from the left, front row -- that face jumped out and said PICK ME PICK ME. :)

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Bonnie,

:) lol- well, you'll have to check back later to know for sure!!!

Hey- missed my mail lady today but got a note that I have a package to be picked up at P.O. !!! :( Just my luck- I was here but probably in the back yard when she came!


Junie

 
At 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh well darn it all -- i was hoping it would get there today. elaine didn't get hers either but she didn't get a note so i hope hers is there tomorrow. i'll have to check back later tonight AND tomorrow!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home