Junie's Place: Putting up the tree

Friday, December 07, 2007

Putting up the tree



( these 3 glass ornaments I have had for 45 years! )





(This was yesterday)


As I am decorating my tree I’m reminded (once again) how very dear this whole Christmas/Family thing is to my heart. Each and every ornament holds a separate and special memory. I have come to the conclusion (once again) that the people you share the most memories with are the ones who own the key to your heart!


~~ ~
Count on Junie Rose
for a profound statement now and then!! haha!
( Or maybe this came from Ginga)


:)

~~~

Truth is, though, my tree decorating each year serves to remind me how very dear each and every member of my family are to me....and of all the ways we are bound together and will always remain so!

After I completed the tree today, both Charles and my son Chris said it’s the prettiest we’ve ever had! :)

Here it is-in all it’s glory!

(sorry my pics didn't turn out so great...)









I feel great to have accomplished this without breaking ANY of my ornaments! I often have, and it’s always a sad happening!

...Maybe my broken Santa will be the only casualty this time! That santa didn’t hold a lot of sentimental feelings concerning my kids or grands- as it was one that I had bought for myself in recent years. (Still, I hope to repair him!)

Close up views of some of our ornaments/memories!





















(Click on pics to enlarge)



































Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 1:59 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous tree, Junie! Well done!!

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

It is Sooooooooooooo Pretty!!!!

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Skye! :) I'm pleased with it!

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Anni!


It was a big job but well worth it!


Junie

 
At 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What memories must shine forth when you look over this lovely tree. Well done My Friend!

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh, yes - every ornament has it's own story behind it!

Thanks for your visit...anonymous!

Junie Rose

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Junie, your Christmas tree is really beautiful!!

Your whole post hit the nail on the head.
I couldn't agree more.
Today's family times and the memories of family times gone by are what makes the holidays special.
When families have lots of love, the memories are warm and special and wonderful.
You obviously have a LOT of LOVE for your family!!!
I KNOW they love you too!!!!!

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I guess I'm wrong about needing snow and cold for Christmas because you seem to do it up right.

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Hi Anvilcloud,thanks for visiting!

I've always lived in the south -without snow- so have had to 'make do'

...would be nice to experience a snowy Christmas, though! Maybe someday I can!

Junie

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Jamie Dawn,


Love,

Junie

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, what a wonderful job you did decorating your tree, it's absolutely beautiful!! Like you, each year when I'm putting the ornaments on my tree, it brings back so many memories of days gone by and the one ornament that makes me cry each time is the little gold plastic and foil angel that I had received when I lost baby Jesse on Dec. 20th, 1979. It truly is a labour of love decorating a tree, isn't it:-) Loved seeing close ups of your ornaments...so very precious!! xox

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Pea.

Oh, sweet Pea, what a heartbreaking memory for you, and that ornament must have a very special spot on your tree every year. I know the memory of your baby has been with you every day for all these years...

Thanks for your sweet words about my tree- and yes, a lot of memories are hanging on that tree.

Hugs to you))


Junie

 
At 1:04 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, Your Christmas Tree looks beautiful with all those priceless memories, I enlarged each one to get a get look at your decorations, and seen all the
Pics of the little ones.. Jen

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jen,

Thanks for looking and the nice comments.

My babies are all grown up now...I miss all that a lot- having little ones in our lives!

But we will all be together on Christmas and Christmas eve so that's wonderful for us.

Hope you're having a good day.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home