Junie's Place: A theory...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

A theory...



Have you ever heard the theory that long married couples tend to look more and more alike with passing time?

I have heard that, and Charles and I have talked about it over the years and observed it in other people we have known.

It is sometimes only in small ways that you may notice these similarities - mannerisms that are common to both, for example. Or in their ways of speaking, with each using the same words or phrases. Often, too, in their inner most beliefs- political...religious... family attitudes, etc...

(In this part I've wondered if perhaps the dominant, or stronger of the 2 sides of this union, won the other over.)

It's seen in the physical look of the long term couples, too.

I don't think I would find it too difficult to pair up a room full of couples, unknown to me, if given a few minutes to observe them in action. (or non action, in some!)

I believe we tend to marry (or stay married to longer) people who are more like ourselves.
And I guess the more things we have in common the more likely we are to stay together! And those things in common, I have found, often include the similar looks of us, too!

All this 'deep contemplation' has been brought about by a blog friend I think most of you know-
Cliff Morrow.

Actually, although Charles and I have noticed couples around us becoming more and more alike, I think we both felt secure in our own personal idenitity and individuality.

:)

Cliff noticed that we (C. and I) look a lot alike, though, and was kind enough to do the work- up and offer proof!




And...Danged, if he ain't right on with this!!

:) I never realized before!

(Thanks, Cliff)

~~~

Here is an interesting story about this subject!
( look alike partners )



Love,

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 11:53 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

I thought about putting your hair on C but he doesn't look like the kind of guy I could whip so I went the other way.
Great post JR.

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

lol- C. has never gone for long hair - for guys, anyway!

On the other hand- I DO love beards!
( And it WAS my wish to have a beard just like his hahha )

Thanks, Cliff! It's fun to be silly sometimes! And I've needed some cheering up recently!

JR

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

If you have to have his beard, I think he should have your hair. :)

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anvilcloud,

Lol- I think Cliff was reluctant to go that way!

But Charlie has very nice hair and wouldn't wanna trade, I'm sure.


Junie

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Lol I love it! Now go shave! hehe Isn't is amazing what one can do with photos? Cliff did a great job! lol I'm sorry I haven't been here to visit the last couple of days, some days just don't leave me much time for visiting my dear friends. You are more than welcome for the Blessing Award dear Junie, you truly are a blessing to me and I'm just so glad we've met in this blogging world of ours:-) xoxo

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

LOL!! Leave it to Cliff!!

Want me to send you a razor or will Charles let you use his??

 
At 12:11 AM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Ha, ha, ha...I think you and Charles have been married WAY TO LONG...
You're beginning to look alike.

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear

Pea

Sandy

& Rachel,

:) Thanks- all of you, for your visits and comments!

I got a kick out of what Cliff decided to do with the picture!
( And- Yeah-Rachel- It WAS a very Cliff-Like thing to do, ehh?? :) )

But then - it was my idea to do the post and display the picture! :) I found it very funny! Then I found the story that fit perfectly with this subject...soooo... there you have it!

Blogging is fun!!!!


Junie

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Susie said...

This was a cute post! I think you do look somewhat alike, but the beard is so "not you" :)
I'm off to check Cliff's post. Sounds interesting.
xo

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Susie,

:) Yah! I decided to shave the beard! haha

Oh, I don't think Cliff wrote about this on his blog! He just decided to do the bearded lady picture of me-( because of something I said about C. beard in a previous post) and then I decided to put it here!

I thought it was fun!;)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home