Junie's Place: A dismal day!...AND~ Dan Fogelberg

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A dismal day!...AND~ Dan Fogelberg



Today has been the perfect model of a ' Dismal Day.'
I slept later than usual because I was up late last night. When I awoke, the day had the feel and appearance of around 7:00 AM. It seemed darkish out...with not much light coming through the blinds and lace curtains! To my surprise, when I checked the time, I saw it was almost 9:30! This gloom has lasted the whole day, with no sunshine at all!

Charles has been working , with a neighbor's help, in putting up a 3 board fence along our property on the east side. We had it fenced before but over the years the boards have rotted away...well, not totally, but it needed to be replaced! I'll be happy to have it all fenced in again! Nothing says 'country' like a board fence for me - and you all know country is what I like! :)

This is the side, also, that has my wildflower meadow that I love so much in the spring! There is a road (not a through road, but more a lane that leads to 4 neighbors beyond our place) that is next to our meadow on the east side of our place!

Some pictures of the meadow:

To the left of the tall cedar you see the lane that runs by our place...and that's where the fence is being put back. This runs North & South.

The other is a close-up of my beloved Meadow Flowers.








This lane, when we first moved here, was unpaved and with hardly any traffic . It's paved now and with the horse farm at the end of the lane, plus Charlie's cow and hay deal going, plus- a new house that has been built- there's more traffic than there was in the past! In the early days our 'grands' had the run of the place- literally- on their bikes and later with a golf cart we had for their use. (and ours, too :) ) Our cows are at the end of this lane, on property we own, but not directly attached to our home spot here. It's catty-cornered to the edge of this 5 acres where our house is. (and the small rental cottage) Anyway, just remembering how much fun the kids used to have, growing up here... Alli and Zach, especially, liked going down to the pasture to check out the cows!

On days/nights like this we would often plan a bonfire! Sometimes there would be hay rides included! Dang it! I DO miss those old times! Can't help it!

~~~~

Around the blogs I have picked up that a lot of folks are getting weary of winter and wanting spring to get here! I am among them, after this cold and gloomy day!

~~~

Last night, while talking with a friend, we happened upon some new Youtubes that have been added of Dan Fogelberg's music! I was hoping for this and you all have to know I am thrilled with this discovery!

I will always be sad about Dan's passing (so early in his life) but am so happy with this beautiful music available to me!

The music means so much!
( and friends to share it with)

Here is the wonderful Dan Fogelberg!





Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

20 Comments:

At 10:16 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

Hey JR, did you get an email from me or are you just ignoring it?

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,

An Email?? No-I didn't get one!

(you mean a reg. email...not a message comment here??)


Juniper5541@aol.com

 
At 2:16 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I enjoyed the video of Dan
Fogelberg and thought "The Rythym of the Rain" was your gift for me, as I had said we hoped for rain. It didn't come BTW. The day I heard he had died I thought of you immediately.
Only 56, too young to die.
Glad you liked "God's Cake" etc.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 2:17 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie,,On cold and gloomy days your entitled to sleep in ..the little meadows flowers are so bright and colourfull they look like Busy Lizzies.. im not looking forward to winter but then thats 5 months away... keep warm,, Jen

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I'll re-send it. A regular email. It's an answer to one of your 'wishes.'

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Cliff!

What!!! You sending me a Million bucks!!! Or is it a man with a nice beard!! ;)


Junie Rose

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

No, Dan's Music is just an added bonus for us all! :)

I was very sad with the news that Dan had died, but had expected to hear it anytime. I was so happy to find all these videos had been put online.

Merle, hope you get your needed rain!


Love,

Junie

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jen,

Thanks for visiting.

Well, looks like another sunless day here- Oh, well!

Yes, I love the little meadow flowers. They are called Phlox here. They are in several shades of pink and a few white ones are scattered through them.

Have a great day.


HUGS ))


Junie

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh such beautiful flowers! What a terrific photo. so vivid in color and clarity!!!

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

Okay JR I've sent it twice and it didn't come back so maybe you should send an email to me. And I'll attach something and send it back. Yeah I'd say it's worth about a million.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm ready for spring!! Winter is my least favorite spring, so I just try to enjoy each day, but all the while I'm anxious for sunshine and warmth and flowers blooming.

It's a dreary day here for us. It's supposed to rain all day. We had hail last night. That was fun!

I hope you daydream of meadows & flowers!!!

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Anni,

My favorite spring flowers!

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi JD,

Although our winters are never bad here- still- about this time- I'm ready for the flowers!

Hope your day gets better...It's still gloomy here too- but not raining- just yucky looking!!

Take care,


Junie

 
At 11:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,


OK- I sent an email...am anxiously awaiting my Million dollar surprise!! :)

JR

AKA~ Junie Rose

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

To Cliff,

Uut Ohh!

I think I figured it out- tho I have not yet received the email and attachment from you...

LOL- Do you like to fool around with 'Photo Shop' and such picture programs??? ;)

JR

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Check out the new message on the news page at the official Dan Fogelberg web site: Jean is releasing one of Dan's songs for Valentine's Day and an entire cd later this year!

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sarah!


OMG! I have just been hoping and praying for a last remembrance from our wonderful Dan!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me!

I have loved Dan's music (and Dan, himself) for more than 30 years, and have been just devastated since he left us! I know I'm not alone in this feeling!

I have been so downhearted I have not been to the official website in awhile...but was thrilled beyond words to find a lot of Videos posted on Youtube!

Thank you so much for letting me know this news! And God bless Jean for doing this for Dan's fans!

Please visit me again, if you like! I plan to mention this news on the blog!

The 2 years I have had this blog going I have posted about Dan a lot of times- and as it turned out I had done a Dan post just 2 days, I believe, before hearing the sad news! (you can check out my Dan labels if you 'd like)

Thank you so much!!

Junie

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I haven't looked at the site in a week or so, so I was pleasantly surprised this evening.

I discovered you were a Dan fan a few months before he passed away by googling for fellow fans after I purchased his exquisite Christmas cd. I wondered if I was the only one who knew how beautiful it was!

I immediately thought of you when I saw the news. I'm glad I could share it with you.

~Sarah

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

readandstitch is my blog name; Sarah is my name.

I sent both messages--I never know exactly what blogger is asking for! Sorry if I caused confusion!

Whichever name I go by, I'm a fellow dan fan!

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sarah,

I'm so pleased to meet another dedicated Dan Fan. I wish you had not waited so long to say 'hello,' since you found my site some time ago! But now you're here and that's good! :)

Oh! The Dan Christmas CD is wonderful. I got it as soon as it was released-and it quickly became a tradition to play it every Christmas season-(and often during the year too!)! I also gave it as a gift to a lot of people!

I was (still am, sort of) involved in a music message forum-Beatles was the main band that my friends there were into! :) One friend there, in particular,became a Dan Fogelberg fan because of my praise of Dan and sharing of Dan's music!

I'm so excited about this news you've brought me tonight! NOTHING could make me happier!

I clicked on your screen name and see you have a profile set up but haven't really started a blog... I hope you will- and I DO hope you'll continue to visit me here! I see we have some other favorite music in common too! I also see you're from the south! :)

That's cool!!

See you again.

Junie Rose

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home