Junie's Place: Happy Birthday Dan!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Dan!

Happy Birthday Dan!





Today is Daniel's birthday! (our oldest grandson)
This is Dan at age 3 - when the family was stationed at Fort Ord, Ca!
He always loved his books!

We didn't get to see Dan today, but the family will be together on Easter and we will have a double celebration! :) Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
~~~

I'm not sure about other grandmothers but this one ( Ginga ) sure misses the old days when all the grands were growing up with us here at our country place. I think they all have fond memories of those days! I know I do! These were the best times of my life!


This is a pretty recent picture of my daughter , Tina, with her grown-up kids, Dan, Brian and Allison!




~~~
OK~ one might think I still have little ones around, judging by the kind of things I buy! For an example...look at what I bought today! This will be for next week when everyone comes over on Easter. (And for Dan's birthday, too)
I also bought a couple of rose bushes with some blooms, which I plan to keep in the house for decoration until after Easter! They are called 'Pink Knock-Out.' It's a hardy rose. ( which I need!!) I bought several of the 'Red-Knock-Outs' last year and they are a good variety for me to grow! EASY!

~~~


PEEPS!!





Yep!

And I plan to color eggs, too ~ 2 doz maybe! :)

OK~ no kids to hunt them but I'll have them anyway!

I can't let go all the traditions...not just yet!



Love,
Junie (Ginga)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:21 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

WOW, I'm coming to your place for Easter. Look at all that stuff.
Dan was one cute little kid.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

There needs to be a little kid in all of us.

 
At 10:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stash looks just like mine Junie. I went out last week and my eyes could only see Easter candy everywhere. Oh yes I needed Peeps but I had to have one package of each color. Also lots of chocolate covered peanut butter eggs because when I make them they are so big, rich, and yummy that I eat too many myself. I bought jelly beans, marshmallow eggs, chocolate bunnies, and speckled malted milk balls. There was more but the two bags full are put away until Sunday. I honestly don't know why I did this because my youngest grandchild is 14. But hey Grandmas never get old like grandkids do!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,


:) Yep- Dan was a cute kid- and he set the standard for the 3 that followed him! haha - all 4 ,sweet, pretty and smart kids! (Lol- do I sound like a grandmother!!)

Oh! I miss all the fun of having kids around- :) I want to hide about 2-3 dozen eggs and watch the kids hunt them!!

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AC,

That's how I see it! ;)

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Mary 9Momma)

OH!! I forgot my marshmallo eggs!! Those are my favorites so I'll have to make another trip to the store this week!

My youngest grand child is 17 !!
How did that happen so fast!! Seems like they should still be little kids!

Oh well- I'll still go through my old routine with the holidays...I guess until the end of my days- for which ever of them who make it back to our home! So far- most of our family are still together on holidays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home