Junie's Place: Monthly luncheon (and other cool stuff)

Monday, March 10, 2008

Monthly luncheon (and other cool stuff)

Today was our lunch /meeting with the old guys and gals at Cal's in Belleview! This time it was a pretty big bunch of us and we ended up adding a couple of extra tables to accommodate the late comers.

This little restaurant is a good meeting place as they have a dining room apart from the main part of the restaurant which our group uses. And they don't seem to mind how long we hang in there! :) The waitress usually offers to take a photo of our group but today I left my camera home.

The food is reasonably priced and they have a lot of things to choose from on the menu. They even serve breakfast all day. That is what Charlie had today-while I had my usual Philly-Steak sandwich and of course- my usual coffee!


It was a nice couple of hours of visiting and catching up - :) and of course, reliving some tales of the old days.

~~~

I was tired when we got home...so didn't feel like doing anything in the rose garden yet! Took a little nap!

...My plan is to do a little at the time...just to show I have good intentions! :) If I can just work on a couple rose bushes tomorrow it will be a good start!

( I don't want trouble from that little Gnome lady who is snooping around my garden!)

~~~


I didn't sleep well last night, 5 hours -tops- if that! I felt sleepy when I hit the sack at around 1:00-then after reading a bit I was probably snoozing by about 2:00...but I had troubled dreams again and I woke up at 7:00 AM., not my usual 8:00.

I had got into watching some fun videos late last night :)


...such as this one...


^
^

^
^
^
^
^
.
.
.
.
.
.










Ooops!

Could that have prevented my restful sleep last night...and caused those weird dreams I had! :)

And probably the silliness carried over with me late into this afternoon and made me want to play with that crazy little camera in my MAC again! :)



Oh, well!

Sometimes - 'It's Sweet to Be An Idiot!' ( at least that's what Neil Innes says!!)


Sure beats being depressed!



Good night~ sweet dreams!

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:46 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think you have learned to live a good life.

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)


Always keep trying...

Junie

 
At 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Entertaining little ditty anyway, Junie

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Your luncheon sounded like a good time was had by all. I enjoy those type occasions - especially the laughing and talking. ec

 
At 12:36 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

It's fun to visit and talk with old friends. I hope the coffee was good. The one cup I had in my life wasn't very good.

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, its always nice to sit around the table and have a good chin wag. sounds like you had a great day. Take care..

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all you folks, for visiting and for your comments!


Will be around to your places real soon!

Junie


PS

Cliff!

I would have taken you for a coffee drinker! :) ( I don't know why.) Coffee is my favorite drink!


Junie

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I LOVE those MAC shots!
You look happy, and that's great!!!!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, JD.

LOL- Yes- I have fun with that silly camera built into my MAC.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home